iMessage only working to my own phone

eastleeds

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Please help. I have the 4s, iMessage is set up fine in the settings yet when I message my friends who have iPhones they go as a normal txt message not an i message. I can txt myself and it goes as an I message

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If your messages to your friends are going as SMS and not iMessage, it could be something not set up at their end. Have them reply and see if the Apple servers pick it up and convert.

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am too experiencing the same problem for the last week. No explanation how this happened just started abruptly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My work iphone has been having the same issue randomly. Ill have full 3G (given sprints horrid 3G) and it sends the message to a person across the parking lot as a text and sometimes as a imessage.

Sent from my game boy color

wducoeur

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you and your friends upgraded to the latest iOS? I experienced the same issue with my wifes iPhone and once she updated iOS and imessage it corrected it self.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
We all have experienced it. Some of us are running 6 and some 5.

Myself I'm running 6 but I had 2 other techs running the latest 6 try it out and no dice....

Gary Cheney

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
A few things to check , first delete your friends contact then try to enter their number and send, if it works recreate the contact and you should be good to go. Also make sure you are using the full 10 digits for the number or a good workaround is if they also use their apple id for iMessage try sending a new message to that instead of the number!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Its not a big deal to me because its a work phone. But on your post I have all contacts that I work with using the proper phone number and even if it was not they are all also connected to their work emails on the phone and under that as well. So their imessage if there were to be a problem with the phone number I imagine it would default to the email address because our work emails are our apple id's as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711