iMessage on Mac Book Air M2 Model(2022)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have a very simple question in regards to iMessage on my MBA. My SIL needs to borrow it and I don’t want my iMessages popping up on her, honestly idc if she reads them.

So my question is this, is there another way to keep my iMessages from popping up or is signing out the only option to avoid that…

I do keep the app in my dock, but I can remove it from there & turn off notifications temporarily if that’s an option as well.

I never used my previous MBP-R for iMessage which is why I need a little info. Much appreciated and thank you I almost feel like a newbie here just asking this question

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have a very simple question in regards to iMessage on my MBA. My SIL needs to borrow it and I don’t want my iMessages popping up on her, honestly idc if she reads them.

So my question is this, is there another way to keep my iMessages from popping up or is signing out the only option to avoid that…

I do keep the app in my dock, but I can remove it from there & turn off notifications temporarily if that’s an option as well.

I never used my previous MBP-R for iMessage which is why I need a little info. Much appreciated and thank you I almost feel like a newbie here just asking this question
I would simply create a separate user account on the Mac. That will prevent easy access to your data on the computer. Of course, there’s always ways to work around the boundary, but it makes it slightly more difficult.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I would simply create a separate user account on the Mac. That will prevent easy access to your data on the computer. Of course, there’s always ways to work around the boundary, but it makes it slightly more difficult.

Thanks Edwin, I did think about that after I posted this 😁 lol
With that being said, I will take this route and make sure whatever files/TurboTax files she needs will be accessible on that partition!

Thank you ☺️

Reactions: EdwinG and Annie_M

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site

If it is only Message pop-ups you don’t want to be seen, you could simply turn of Notifications for Messages.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If it is only Message pop-ups you don’t want to be seen, you could simply turn of Notifications for Messages.

Thank you Mars, that’s what I decided to do. Keep it simple.

I was going to create a separate user profile but honestly didn’t want to be bother lol. I want to keep my MBA as minimal as possible.

Reactions: Mars20

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77