With the Iphone4S processor being 800Mhz and 512 RAM, are you less pleased

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice catch. Apple does design though right - it's just Samsung that produces them?

Apple's PA Semi unit likely designed the chipset and farmed out production to a fab company, but do we know for a fact that Samsung is that company? If so, that makes the lawsuit against Samsung very interesting, as it is much more likely that the Galaxy S line is more than just a "doppelganger" of Apple technology, in appearance. Apple won the injunction for a reason, I think.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Even at 800mhz/512MB specs, it beats the "better hardware" on Android phones...

iPhone 4S benchmarks and specs begin to emerge | ZDNet

And, it even matches some TABLETS.

So no, I'm not "disappoint"

That's a good point that needs to be repeated to Android nerds who are always touting the bleeding edge hardware on Android phones. They seem to forget the buggy OS that pales in comparison to the iPhone's elegant simplicity and way of getting things done without turning the phone user into an unnecessary engineer.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
That's a good point that needs to be repeated to Android nerds who are always touting the bleeding edge hardware on Android phones. They seem to forget the buggy OS that pales in comparison to the iPhone's elegant simplicity and way of getting things done without turning the phone user into an unnecessary engineer.

100% true!

Mistress of Mischief

Mr609

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I now have the original Motorola Droid and I joke that if I ever need to call 911 for an emergency, I would be dead before I could get my phone to make a call. I'm welcoming a hardware change and if I'm displeased, I'll move onto something else.

lol i thought i was the last 1 left with an OG Droid....smh, i say the same thing...i'd be dead if i needed 911...this is the LONGEST ive ever had a phone w/o changing lol...cant wait...couple more hours now...:D

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Agree. No matter how good the specs if the os slows it down it will always be that way. Hopefully ics helps some because competition is always good to keep everyone innovating and not becoming stagnant.

mysimba97

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The 512MB RAM aspect is almost more disappointing to me than the iPhone5 vs iPhone4S issue... I wish there was an easy way to overclock without rooting (sorry new to iPhone)...

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Been playing around with the 4S since 8AM when I came out of the at&t store. The browser speeds, safari,youtube are noticeable faster. Download speeds using speedtest app aren't showing faster speeds than the Iphone4 in the same area. This phone is advertised as a 4G phone on HSPA+ but not getting speeds on 3g faster than 3.55Mbps in my area.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riad1973