Why won't my iPhone 5S update the operating system?

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So today I bought a second hand iphone 5s, with iOS7, I was trying to install iOS8 and it was saying "preparing install" FOR A LONG TIME, so I canceled and decided to try on iTunes, WORST: 9hours left.

I picked up a mega link and installed OTA (Shift RESTORE) iOS8.

Now i'm trying normal update to iOS8.0.2 and im having the same problems, keeps saying "1 minute remaining"... and a few minutes later says "21 seconds"... Now the time has gone, and keeps saying PREPARING INSTALL ....

Anyone had this problem before?

please help: ill write every updates ill see, to avoid time waste of people who will try to help me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Put the phone in DFU mode and restore from iTunes. It will download the latest OS and update the phone. Once it is back up you can either keep using it as a new phone or restore from your backup.

-Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
-Turn off the device.
-Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
-Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
-Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
-After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Try to reboot the device. Hold down the power/sleep button and the home button together until you see the apple logo, or try plugging into iTunes and installing update.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
After a few minutes the iPhone asked me to confirm the installation and is installing now. This never happened before.
I think its solved now...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meh