Can anyone help explain why my Iphone 5s isn't updating properly?

I

iMore Question

I did the dumbest thing in my life and decided to update my Iphone 5s, but now nothing is working. I connected it to Itunes, after downloading the newest version of Itunes which took over a freaking hour, and it told me that I could either Update it and keep everything that was already on my phone, or restore it and reset it to factory settings. I would prefer to keep everything but at this point, I'll be happy to even get my phone working again. I've spent over ten hours now trying to update it at this point.

I connected it to Itunes and a message would say along the lines of, "There's been an error with this Iphone, Update it or restore it." I would press update and it would say downloading the Update software and over thirty minutes later my Iphone screen would show the apple logo on a white background as if it was restarting, but then it would go back to the screen telling me to connect to Itunes and the whole process would start again. I then thought, what the **** ever, and decided that restoring it would be a lot easier. But it only does the same thing. I started this around 7 pm yesterday and its now 10 am the next day. I'm honestly just getting fed up at this point. If anyone knows what the hell is going on, I would thankful to know.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before the update attempt, did you create either an iTunes or an iCloud backup? If so, follow the steps via the below link to put your device in recovery mode and then restore it again. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet. If it’s been awhile, reboot your computer, your cable/DSL modem and your router and then make sure you have an active internet connection before starting the restore process again.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2