Why is phone disable for 5 min

I

iMore Question

It says it's the wrong pass code and then disables for 5min after only 1 atempt

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Wait the 5 minutes, then try again with your passcode. Be sure to press down on the numbers hard enough.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hah ! me too, iMore does this to me at least once a week. It tells me I have to log in and then refuses my password, and at the same time tells me that I have tried to do this ( log in) five times with the wrong password ( I have not !) and to wait 15 minutes. This will be pointless because the app will not accept your password ! At the same time an email will arrive telling me that someone has tried to access my iMore account with the wrong password at the exact time I tried to log in. The curious thing about this is that the IP address given in the email as the originator is never mine ?
At the risk of being dull I will say that I have found recently that if I go to the iMore website and access an article,wait a while and then go back to the app it will accept the passcode !!! To finish I will say that this only happens on my iPhone which is weird because I joined iMore on the iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hah ! me too, iMore does this to me at least once a week. It tells me I have to log in and then refuses my password, and at the same time tells me that I have tried to do this ( log in) five times with the wrong password ( I have not !) and to wait 15 minutes. This will be pointless because the app will not accept your password ! At the same time an email will arrive telling me that someone has tried to access my iMore account with the wrong password at the exact time I tried to log in. The curious thing about this is that the IP address given in the email as the originator is never mine ?
At the risk of being dull I will say that I have found recently that if I go to the iMore website and access an article,wait a while and then go back to the app it will accept the passcode !!! To finish I will say that this only happens on my iPhone which is weird because I joined iMore on the iPhone.

The OP wasn't referring to iMore. He was referring to unlocking and opening his phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang