Why does my phone still connect to my wifi when my router is turned off?

I

iMore Question

I've always had issues with my wifi since I moved house a few months ago. It says that there is full connection yet won't load anything and has to be constantly turned off and restarted in order to work. It also asks for the password again and again, often telling me that what I've entered is incorrect before I have the change to type anything in.
I don't mind this as there's not much that can be helped, it's just where we live. But recently when I turned the router off so I could restart it my phone still said it was connected to it. I turned both my phone and the router off for around 5-10 minutes and when I turned my phone back on it still said it was connected, even though the router was still completely off.
What does this mean? Was my phone just completely glitching out? If anyone could give any suggestions as to why this happened that would be much appreciated.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe your wifi provider can help. Have you contacted them? Are you sure you're not connecting to a different wifi? Mine sometimes will.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've always had issues with my wifi since I moved house a few months ago. It says that there is full connection yet won't load anything and has to be constantly turned off and restarted in order to work. It also asks for the password again and again, often telling me that what I've entered is incorrect before I have the change to type anything in.
I don't mind this as there's not much that can be helped, it's just where we live. But recently when I turned the router off so I could restart it my phone still said it was connected to it. I turned both my phone and the router off for around 5-10 minutes and when I turned my phone back on it still said it was connected, even though the router was still completely off.
What does this mean? Was my phone just completely glitching out? If anyone could give any suggestions as to why this happened that would be much appreciated.

Are you certain your device is not connecting to a neighbor’s Wi-Fi network or a personal hotspot from another device you may have?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77