Why does my home button acts in the manner of a double tap when I tap it once?

I

iMore Question

I've hard reset, and even a clean install and no fix.

When I have multiple apps open, say 2 or 3, I can click the home button "once" and it acts like a double click. Meaning, it takes me to the screen where I can swipe away or close the app. If I click it "once" again it takes me into the most recent app. If I click it "once" again it takes me back home. Weird right?

Before updating yesterday my phone ran like a top. Today it's just annoying. iPhone 5 btw.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
check under settings>>general>>accessibility. And look at settings involving the home button

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 19 apps currently listed in the recently used app list and when I tap on the home button once, nothing happens. Try rebooting or as kch50428 suggested...:)

ICU812

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
There isn't anything in settings that fixes this. I've looked and looked.

Now it's even more weird. I can click the home button once and it flashes back and forth through the last app and to where it can be closed. It goes back in forth maybe 3 or 4 times and then goes back to the home screen.

ICU812

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
IMG_3191.JPGIt's all over Twitter too. We aren't alone. I knew I wasn't loosing my mind.

Last edited:

ryancell

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Double tapping home key goes to cards then zooms back in?

I'm on a 4s & when I enter multitasking app switching by pressing home 2x it goes to card view to switch apps but nearly instantly zooms back into the app I was just in. Almost as if u just hit home again. A few tries makes it work, but didn't happen until upgrading to 8. I thought it could be hardware but it seems 8 related?

Thinking about a clean install. Any ideas what caused this or how to fix it? Thanks

ryancell

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean install and no fix. Hope next update fixes it. Or they do it on purpose to make people buy iPhone 6. Frustrating