Why are some people viewing the iPhone XR as an illegitimate iPhone?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding one plus and their phones but that doesn’t translate well into sales. The one plus community currently has around 1.5million members.

How many units of the one plus 6 have they sold? 1.5 million? 2 million?

Doesn’t seem to be selling as much or as well as you think it does.

How many units do you believe the 6t will sell? Another one million? 1.5 million in lifetime sales before one plus releases the one plus 7.

The iPhone XR/Xs/Xsmax are projected to sell over 80 million units in the next quarter alone. Let that sink in for a minute, 80 million units at a much higher price point in three months.

Source for your claims?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Don’t think the OnePlus works on one of the biggest carriers there is in America though does it? (Verizon) unfortunately for Verizon customers there are better flagship options in some ways but they don’t work on Verizon’s network. Also you have to worry about their data mining history too.

OnePlus 6T now works on Verizon and T-Mobile is going to be selling them in their stores.

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
We literally had a user in this very thread say the Xs Max is the only true iPhone lol that would render the others illegitimate.

Wow ..

I've sold alot of Xr's and it is again due to understanding what you gain from your previous device, I've demonstrated differences with display and compared camera photos took pictures with X's and xr with zoom and portrait mode on both .. value of seeing what your getting matters

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
OnePlus 6T now works on Verizon and T-Mobile is going to be selling them in their stores.

Gotcha. That’s good for one plus. Always been interested in them, but didn’t have access because I’ve always had Verizon, and don’t want to change carriers just for one phone when I can get any other phone I would care about on Verizon.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Here are two corrections.

First, buying the max would absolutely be spending money for no reason (for me). None of the supposed improvements or higher specs mean anything to me. They are a way for Apple to make more money off consumers. It's just like buying a car, all the "extras" are where they make their money. If that's OK with you, go for it. I explained that my $500 iPhone X does everything I need. I'm not drinking the coolaid.

Second, I'm 57.

Enjoy your max.

I had 2 x X since release sold last one 2 months ago and got a 8. I hated them, FID was a dogs breakfast. Heavy for the screen size not much more than the 8 for video.
Sold the 8 got a Max best iPhone i have ever had. Go figure.

paulxxwall

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
https://youtu.be/dcFXEXJicgc

Found this video on youtube , pretty interesting

Unfortunately they’re comparing it with a cheap 300$ phone display which claims to be 1080p vs the 750$ xr display. We have always known a more expensive display will outperform a cheap display regardless of each other’s specs. It need to be put up against a pound for pound fight. Go a 699$ s9 Vs. 750$ xr ! See who wins that one. I’ve seen the xr as I work at a cell phone store and while scrolling up and down it blurs as well as left to right maybe it’s because I’m used to OLED on my x but it looks weird and maybe it will look that way only to me but although over looking like a a really sweet phone I actually like the size and feel better than my x and pictures come out better on the xr the display bothers me and doesn’t look as clean , bright and crisp as say my x or price comparable androids. But if most like it hey it’s there money. But the price is sweet heres to next year with improved display xr!!!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Why is the LCD screen primarily causing some people to view the iPhone XR as illegitimate? They didn’t do the same with the difference in cameras for the Plus and non-Plus iPhone models before it. With that being said, why is the excellent LCD screen turning these people off so much?

LOL. I haven't seen or heard any of that personally, but it seems pretty snobbish, if you ask me. I assume it's coming from people who have the X, XS and XS Max? :rotfl:

I actually had a interview with Apple yesterday for a job. After it ended, I went into the store downstairs to see the other XR color options in the flesh. There were lots of people crowded around the phones and they definitely seemed to enjoy them. One guy was hogging up a red, while a couple of others were dominating the one yellow that was on display. The entire time I was there, they didn't budge away from the XRs to look at the XS duo.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't view the XR as an illegitimate iPhone. I think it's a good device, but I do find it interesting that XR owners say that the XR iPhone is as good or equal to the top end iPhones.

For me personally, it IS as good or equal. To be honest, the only reason I kind of wish I had a X or XS instead of my red XR is simply because of the size. The iPhone 6 through 8 size is perfect for my hands. I just have to hold onto my XR a little tighter or use the case with the finger loop on the back of it for security that I don't somehow drop the phone. Other than the size, I absolutely love the phone and really don't care about the lack of an OLED screen (I've had OLED before, and while it's nice, it's not a deal-breaker for me).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For me personally, it IS as good or equal. To be honest, the only reason I kind of wish I had a X or XS instead of my red XR is simply because of the size. The iPhone 6 through 8 size is perfect for my hands. I just have to hold onto my XR a little tighter or use the case with the finger loop on the back of it for security that I don't somehow drop the phone. Other than the size, I absolutely love the phone and really don't care about the lack of an OLED screen (I've had OLED before, and while it's nice, it's not a deal-breaker for me).

Yes I understand and get that. Similar to Popcorn (example), while Popcorn is good, it's just a little better with salt, and a little better with butter, and even a little better with a movie...LOL. Enjoy your XR...it's only your opinion that counts for your iPhone.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes I understand and get that. Similar to Popcorn (example), while Popcorn is good, it's just a little better with salt, and a little better with butter, and even a little better with a movie...LOL. Enjoy your XR...it's only your opinion that counts for your iPhone.

LMFAO!!! :rotfl:

I literally did chuckle aloud reading your reply... It's because I'm actually highly allergic to corn, so I can no longer have popcorn - but your comment just made me remember how much I loved it before I became allergic. Damn! LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LMFAO!!! :rotfl:

I literally did chuckle aloud reading your reply... It's because I'm actually highly allergic to corn, so I can no longer have popcorn - but your comment just made me remember how much I loved it before I became allergic. Damn! LOL

Aww, sorry to hear about you being allergic to Popcorn. It must be rough going to the movies with popcorn smell everywhere.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4