Well, I have finally given up

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The state of the country has finally gotten to me, in a big way.
I really can’t deal anymore.
The more this mess goes on (I mean everything: COVID-19, police violence, this “presidency”...)
I’m done trying to figure out anything.
I sold my house in California, I bought land in northeastern Washington state.

Currently I live there in a trailer until my house gets built.
(Well, still in the middle of moving, going back and forth between states until I’m done moving)
I’m in the middle of freaking nowhere, in the woods, my only neighbors are the big game that roam here.

I’m a short drive from the Canadian border, and when the borders are reopened, I will go find out in person what I need to do immigrate there, I’m already bilingual, that part will be easy.
Even if i can’t immigrate, I am now living in an area so remote that I pick up my mail at the post office because the mailman can’t get to my place.
And I have to hike to the southern ridge line for cellular service, I have no internet and I’m not planning on getting it.

This is limiting my use of social media greatly which is awesome because it turns out I do not have the social skills required to deal with this society that people deem “normal” or “acceptable”. I just can’t.
I don’t have what it takes.

I guess I’m giving up on trying to be a member of this American society:
I’ll be the joke everyone laughs about “living as a hermit with my dogs and the wildlife” and only venturing into town when absolutely necessary.
And I’m so cool and ok with that.

I was always envious of people who can live in society and feel that they can relate to belong with their peers, but not anymore:
I’ve accepted that I’m hopelessly broken and that the only thing that can truly make me feel safe and at peace is solitude.

The only reason I could even write this post is because I’m currently back in California to finish emptying my old place and it still has service.

I really hope and wish the best for everyone who is trying to endure this mess, I know many out there are feeling completely hopeless.
IMG_9469.JPG

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
The state of the country has finally gotten to me, in a big way.
I really can’t deal anymore.
The more this mess goes on (I mean everything: COVID-19, police violence, this “presidency”...)
I’m done trying to figure out anything.
I sold my house in California, I bought land in northeastern Washington state.

Currently I live there in a trailer until my house gets built.
(Well, still in the middle of moving, going back and forth between states until I’m done moving)
I’m in the middle of freaking nowhere, in the woods, my only neighbors are the big game that roam here.

I’m a short drive from the Canadian border, and when the borders are reopened, I will go find out in person what I need to do immigrate there, I’m already bilingual, that part will be easy.
Even if i can’t immigrate, I am now living in an area so remote that I pick up my mail at the post office because the mailman can’t get to my place.
And I have to hike to the southern ridge line for cellular service, I have no internet and I’m not planning on getting it.

This is limiting my use of social media greatly which is awesome because it turns out I do not have the social skills required to deal with this society that people deem “normal” or “acceptable”. I just can’t.
I don’t have what it takes.

I guess I’m giving up on trying to be a member of this American society:
I’ll be the joke everyone laughs about “living as a hermit with my dogs and the wildlife” and only venturing into town when absolutely necessary.
And I’m so cool and ok with that.

I was always envious of people who can live in society and feel that they can relate to belong with their peers, but not anymore:
I’ve accepted that I’m hopelessly broken and that the only thing that can truly make me feel safe and at peace is solitude.

The only reason I could even write this post is because I’m currently back in California to finish emptying my old place and it still has service.

I really hope and wish the best for everyone who is trying to endure this mess, I know many out there are feeling completely hopeless.
View attachment 128885

Best of luck to you wherever your future endeavours take you, be careful, be safe .

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been very fortunate to have traveled the world being involved in the auto industry which has given me a very large perspective of how folks in other countries live.

I have been to Russia, China, Canada, Japan, Korea, South America, Mexico and all over Europe. We as a country have our issues, but for myself, it’s still the safest and best country to live in.

I also served in the military like many before me have and I feel this country is still worth fighting for and I would still defend it with my life.

As far as what’s happened in our country the past few months! We have survived revolution, a bloody civil war which turned brother against brother, flu epidemics, two world wars, Korean War, Vietnam and the current war in the Middle East and we are still here.

I understand folks wanting to voice their opinions and frustrations by protesting which is their right by our constitution. But throwing bricks at police and destroying property is not and never will be the answer or solution.

We need to come together as human beings and work this out. Thats what Americans do, just my two sense.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I understand your frustrations OP. We have certainly taken a turn for the worse the last few years. We have embarrassed ourselves in front of the whole world.

We all need to find a way to deal with these issues. It will start by voting in November. We cannot continue in the same direction. I wish you the very best.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2