Verizon FIOS and slow Apple downloads

rtteachr

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching the Internet for a possible solution or explanation to the extremely slow download speeds for iOS 8 and the AppleTV update. Actually, it wasn't as long, but the 10.9.5 update too. Seems to be an issue with FIOS customers but is it on Apple's end or FIOS?

Anyone with FIOS had success downloading at a normal speed?

rtteachr

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got slow download speeds for the iOS updates via iTunes. At first it was reporting 19 hours song just repeatedly stopped the download and restarted it and eventually got the download in less than ten minutes. I don't know if it's Apple or FIOS though. I did read reports that Apple was primarily, but not exclusively, using their own CDN for the iOS updates rather than a service like Akamai. Makes me wonder if the interconnect between Apple's CDN and FIOS wasn't very good. But just speculation.

I read about Apple using their own server too. Hoping it is a fixable issue and not a throttling issue by FIOS as some have speculated.

rtteachr

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, finally got the AppleTV update installed. Took four hours. Still not what it should be. Tried updating iPads of my parents who are on FIOS and download is 3-4 hours.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68