• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Typing sound alert

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone still having issues with the sound for when you type? To be honest I like the clicking sound but whatever I do I cannot get it loud enough to hear in a quiet area! I just got the iPhone 8 and even with the upgraded stereo speakers the Apple default keyboard is so quiet when you click click

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone still having issues with the sound for when you type? To be honest I like the clicking sound but whatever I do I cannot get it loud enough to hear in a quiet area! I just got the iPhone 8 and even with the upgraded stereo speakers the Apple default keyboard is so quiet when you click click

Yeah, use to have a different tone and be louder. If I remember correctly once they changed the keyboard click tone they made it quieter as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know what to tell you other than it’s noticeably loud for me whenever I enable it and that’s why is keep it disabled. I don’t mind the sound, but there are times when I don’t want people knowing I’m typing on my iPhone like when I’m at the office. Know what I mean? Anyway, I hope someone else can come along and give you a workaround or something.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I hope so i dont know if it’s just me and i am getting deaf, but it’s damn quiet. Sometimes I like to listen to the clicking sound lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammadreza