Trouble erasing contents and settings thru iTunes

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone ever had trouble restoring to factory settings through iTunes? I am trying to wipe an iPhone 6s and restore to factory settings so I can return it, and the phone has a Restrictions passcode, that neither my husband nor I know what it is. So I was told to bypass the Restrictions passcode, I could restore to factory settings through iTunes. But my computer keeps getting an error during the process that the network connection is timing out!!! I'm at a loss!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone ever had trouble restoring to factory settings through iTunes? I am trying to wipe an iPhone 6s and restore to factory settings so I can return it, and the phone has a Restrictions passcode, that neither my husband nor I know what it is. So I was told to bypass the Restrictions passcode, I could restore to factory settings through iTunes. But my computer keeps getting an error during the process that the network connection is timing out!!! I'm at a loss!!!

The restrictions code had to have been set by someone who set up the phone for you. Get with that person to remove the restrictions code because he or she should know it, in my opinion.

Because of the restrictions passcode, you are being prompted to enter that passcode when trying to erase all contents and settings. If you're the person who set up the device and the restrictions passcode then you could know it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2