Touch screen accuracy ios7

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to get some input and see what people think. To me one of the things I've always loved about ios is how responsive and accurate the touch screen is. In ios 7 it seems to me we've lost a little of that. One example is scrubbing songs on the music player. The target is so small I now have trouble fast forwarding a song for example. I've noticed in other areas where I now have to tap multiple times to get the response I wanted.

Anyone else having the same issues?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is also fine, however, I tend to agree with the OP a little. The touch screen on my 4S seemed a tad more responsive, but I'm talking about a hairline difference.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you use a screen protector or a waterproof case as that will make a micro difference also use an alcohol wipe as facial oil when holding the phone to your ear can again give a micro difference in touch sensitivity

Sent from my iPhone 5

kona314

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't notice much difference. Is there a lot of dirt or oil on your screen or screen protector? And if you use a screen protector, is it old? All of these factors can potentially pose problems.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
The sensitivity itself hasn't changed but the touch targets have shrunk. One example is the scrubber, instead of a knob you have a very thin line. Another one is within the control center where you tap the name of the currently playing song to bring you to the music app. If you tap on the song name itself nothing seems to happen, instead you have to aim about 20% below the top of the text of the name! but not too high otherwise you hit the pause button. They don't seem to be following their 44 pixel touch target guidelines.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this was an iOS 7 change (I believe it was though) but touch targets now differ slightly depending on the angle that you're holding the device at. If you're holding at an unnatural angle then accuracy may be slightly off as the OS is trying to adapt based on the current position o the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4