The state of the iPod

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a new iPod Touch and it got me thinking. What changes may or may not see in the iPod line. Will they kill the classic? Will they continue to have the iPod touch some what follow the iPhone as far as screen sizes just with lower end specs. Maybe get rid of the shuffle and do things different with the nano. What are you thoughts of the future of the iPod family?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Classic seems to be on its way out and I could see the iPod touch and shuffle being the only iPods left

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I've been reading based on rumours Apple might not be launching a new iPod touch this year.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPod Classic is indeed on it's way out, in my opinion. In regard to my thoughts on any upcoming iPod models, I really haven't given it much thought. With the streaming music and video being the rage today, and apps like Pandora are built-in to many newer model vehicles, it's hard for me to gauge the need consumers might have for an iPod - not to mention the ability to store music and video on their current smartphone, whether an iPhone or any other model.