The Official Staying up Until Midnight for 3.0 Thread.

Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

• Yes I can't wait

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • No I need my sleep.

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It will ask you if you want to backup prior to the update. If you have not done it before it will take a while...so be prepared to sit even longer... :)

This is for Mario BTW.

Thank you, Mark. Yes, I am hesitant about syncing though. I would need to go through my entire itunes library and I don't want the hassle of re-transferring all of my music files.

markcmann

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Thank you, Mark. Yes, I am hesitant about syncing though. I would need to go through my entire itunes library and I don't want the hassle of re-transferring all of my music files.
No, it backs up your settings, contacts, etc. not the music, videos or firmware. Just in case something goes wrong you can restore the settings. Better to be safe than sorry. Thats all. :)

Glaurung

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't know why everyone keeps posting that, someone must have originally linked it as a joke or something. The "sg" stands for Singapore.

Mario

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No, it backs up your settings, contacts, etc. not the music, videos or firmware. Just in case something goes wrong you can restore the settings. Better to be safe than sorry. Thats all. :)
thats what i thought, but i was under the impression that when you back up, it erases music/ringtones that are not synced already...

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Heres a question for everyone (and sorry if I should know this, but I haven't seen it anywhere). Wasn't there suppose to be a native IM app coming in 3.0...? I haven't heard anything about this since the keynote.

Edit: Just did some searching. It was the Meebo client. Did this get trashed...? I was really excited for this because I HATE the AIM app. Terrible terrible app.

Last edited:

dickens

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Possible clue for release time.

pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/24847/iphone-os-due-5pm-7pm.phtml]iPhone OS 3.0 due between 5pm and 7pm

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Heres a question for everyone (and sorry if I should know this, but I haven't seen it anywhere). Wasn't there suppose to be a native IM app coming in 3.0...? I haven't heard anything about this since the keynote.

Edit: Just did some searching. It was the Meebo client. Did this get trashed...? I was really excited for this because I HATE the AIM app. Terrible terrible app.

Okay, just did some digging.
I guess it's not being released with 3.0 anymore (which was kind of obvious) and it will be released later this year.
Kind of lame.

View topic - iPhone app | forum.meebo.com

Well I'm going to bed...since 3.0 obviously isn't coming out tonight.
Goodnight everyone...
I'll be up in 7 hours or so.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy