T-Mobile iPhone indeed works on Verizon

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I found a bunch of questions dating back to September about whether or not the unlocked T-Mobile iPhone would work on Verizon and had to give it a try just to see if I could put my droid turbo's SIM card in the iPhone. Turns out as long as the SIM is already active, it works perfectly and the phone connect to CDMA and LTE Verizon bands with no problem whatsoever. The same seems to work for moving a Verizon iPhone to T-Mobile or taking either of them to AT&T, so if anyone was wondering, I can personally confirm that it works. I was able to get rid of that extra $87 a month!

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Without putting the iPhone's MEID on your account?

I did nothing more than put the SIM card into the iPhone. It automatically connected to Verizon showing the signal strength and after going from 1x to LTE, I was ready to go. Voice, data, sms, mms, and hotspot all work. Didn't even restart the phone.

IamSuperMas

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I did nothing more than put the SIM card into the iPhone. It automatically connected to Verizon showing the signal strength and after going from 1x to LTE, I was ready to go. Voice, data, sms, mms, and hotspot all work. Didn't even restart the phone.

Ok... That's crazy! Have to find more tests of this. Thanks!

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm this also. I just recently had T-Mobile unlock my phone and I put my old Verizon iphone sim in there just to see if it'd work and LTE popped right up. It took me to the Verizon redirect page on safari and far as I know if you wanted to activate it on Verizon you would first have to use another phone since verizon doesn't activate meid's that's not theirs and then simply pop in your Sim into your iPhone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it's the model A1549 and apparently Verizon isn't discriminating against phones not in their SKU's, then, yes, the unlocked A1549 should work just fine with T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is true. You can take any phone and stick a Verizon nano-SIM in it. Did it with a Nexus 6, and did it with an iPhone 6 Plus.You do not need to register the IMEI.

Verizon does actually register the device, at least now. When I use the Nexus, it shows as a non-Verizon device but still works on CDMA. The 6 Plus registers properly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2