Swipe Up to Close Apps Doesn't Always Work On First Try

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the current version of iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and I'm having a constant issue where swiping up to close an app in the app switcher doesn't always work the first time. It's super annoying and happens often enough to be really frustrating.

Description of the issue:
I'm using an app; I decide I'm done using said app. I double click the home button to open the app switcher; I swipe up on the app to close it, but it just bounces back down and does not close. I swipe up again and it flicks away and closes just fine.

This happens the first time I try to swipe an app closed in the app switcher. Super annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't say that I am, but I'm sorry it's happening to you. If you haven't already, please send some [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p]Feedback to Apple[/URL]--they may not know it needs fixing,

You may also want to try a hard reset (power + home buttons to reboot). Might help.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Issue seems to be occurring MUCH less often in 9.1. That's a good sign I suppose. It's still happened to me a couple times today after updating, but not nearly as often as it was. If the issue continues to persist, I will consider a factory reset.

Jocelyuki

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Just an FYI here, swiping up to close apps isn't something you should do often, because restarting them actually consumes more battery and takes more time, especially for the apps you open several times in a day, like Messages. Swiping up to close apps helps when apps work abnormally.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI here, swiping up to close apps isn't something you should do often, because restarting them actually consumes more battery and takes more time, especially for the apps you open several times in a day, like Messages. Swiping up to close apps helps when apps work abnormally.

This is especially true with the 2GB of RAM in the 6s and 6s Plus.

THE GNOME

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have had the same problem for a while. as a member of a computer club I asked the members their and one chap said his wife can not use a touch pad something to do with her skin make up so she uses a stylus. she demonstrated on my iPad and she could not get apps to open or close unless she used a stylus. this lead to further testing and some members had no problems using their fingers on the iPad or I phones but some had difficulties. so I would suggest a stylus to close the apps may be a solution.
good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2