anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I won't get into a debate over who is not doing what and what They are not doing. But leaving packages when signature is required. Leaving boxes out in the open on a step. IMO shippers have changed over the years. Maybe over taxed that they don't care much as they did before. Or maybe new drivers. But it is what it is. Now I only deal with one on one at office

I'm telling you it is physically impossible to driver release a package when it pops up in our diad that signature is required. There is no way to override that. Unless the driver is signing a false name which I don't see that being the case. Why would he want to risk his job? Doubt it. I agree drivers shouldn't leave packages in the open. We get trained to leave them in a secure spot behind a chair,bush back door etc... And leave s info notice on the main door to let the customer know. I agree your office is probably better being commercial addresses get there packages first over residential.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I thought someone stole a package from my porch, but it turned out the driver had left it behind a chair. It was hard to see.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

GolferChris68

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine from Apple and the UPS guy dropped it on the porch and didn't even knock on the door or ring the doorbell. I discovered it there an hour later. I found out the time it was delivered after checking the tracking info. I was so annoyed.

Strange. UPS delivered here, and required a signature. This was a preorder from Apple. The policy seems very inconsistent.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I pre-signed for mine and left the signed sheet on my door. When I got home Friday my 6 was left at the rear door as requested and sheet was taken by UPS guy. I live in a small town though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
FedEx always delivers phones for Verizon and they always require a signature.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I work for ups there is no way ups would drop the package on the porch without obtaining a signature. Our diads will not let us release the package without getting a signature. Unless you did a e signature. And then we take the signed paper off the door and leave the package.

I did not lie. That is exactly what he did. I was home waiting for the doorbell to ring. There was no signed paper or esig either...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I love my neighborhood... I've never had any thing taken.

But for some odd reason, everything gets left at my front door, except iPhone devices, sneakers from Footlocker and my Xbox One.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you pre-ordered from APPLE you will get signature required. If you pre-ordered from AT&T they do not require one and will drop the phone. Not sure about Sprint, Verizon or Others.

YveE

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Plus just got stolen a few days ago and Find My iPhone can't trace it because its off. Would they be able to activate it?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Plus just got stolen a few days ago and Find My iPhone can't trace it because its off. Would they be able to activate it?

Nope. As long as find my iPhone is activated. Go to iCloud dot com and you can wipe the device.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm with AT&T and my i6 came via US Postal Service with no signature required. I wonder how AT&T determines if a phone is shipped by FedEx, UPS or USPS and why some require signature and others don't?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1