Stock email not updating

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
The only time my email in the stock app updates is when I open it. I have searched through the setting to find a background update option and can't find anything. I have also looked in the notifications tab and all my badges and banners are on. But it's annoying that I can only get mail updates if I physically open up the app to get my new mail. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked in Settings→ Account & Passwords→ Fetch New Data to make sure the update intervals are set according to your preference?

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
This is one thing I hate about stock mail app, if not using exchange email. Native email apps just go thru faster or another 3rd party email app.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11 is supposed to fix this. I hope so I get tired out downloading extra mail apps. I'd like to use the naive apps and save from extra downloads

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
iOS 11 is supposed to fix this. I hope so I get tired out downloading extra mail apps. I'd like to use the naive apps and save from extra downloads

There’s a extra setting for fetch, in ios11, yes. To receive “automatically” beside the other timed intervals, but only seems to work while on wifi only. I couldn’t get the automatic retrieve to work while off wifi. still in beta so we shall see if this gets ironed out.

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Have you looked in Settings→ Account & Passwords→ Fetch New Data to make sure the update intervals are set according to your preference?

Tried looking for this in the settings. I'm on iOS 10.3.2 and don't see anything pertaining to fetch new data...are you on iOS 11?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried looking for this in the settings. I'm on iOS 10.3.2 and don't see anything pertaining to fetch new data...are you on iOS 11?

It's in Settings / Mail, tap "Accounts" at the very top. Fetch new data is at the bottom, and then you can also customize for each email account you have installed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy