Sound notification with receipt of CarPlay text messages

kedaltima

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
I have 2020 Altima SL and iphone 11 with most current ios software. Shortly after purchasing car I received a text and about jumped out of my skin the notification was so loud. I spent a couple days searching for ways to turn down the volume, but never found anything and never made any changes.

A couple days later, however, I noticed I was receiving text messages while driving the car but didn't realize it because I was receiving no sound notification. I typically don't have the text program showing - either using Waze or the radio.

Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

I don't see any Carplay adjustments on the infotainment system in the car. All my alerts and sound settings are at least set to medium plus so something should be making noise when texts are received.

I usually have my phone connected via the charging cable to the car.

Thanks for any help.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm the only thing I can suggest is to activate Siri and while she’s talking you can use volume knob on radio to adjust the volume of Siri, not sure if that will adjust the volume of notifications but it’s worth a shot

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm the only thing I can suggest is to activate Siri and while she’s talking you can use volume knob on radio to adjust the volume of Siri, not sure if that will adjust the volume of notifications but it’s worth a shot

What you stated should work. It’s not uncommon for the native infotainment volume to be on one level and the CarPlay/Bluetooth volume on another.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to CarPlay. What I have discovered is radio, phone, navigation and notification all have their volume levels and you can’t adjust those levels unless something’s playing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77