SmartOmi HAP-1 Neckband Earphones Review

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/rGg-8K3T1Yo

Looking for an inexpensive set of Bluetooth earphones that won’t break the bank and offer quality sound? Then check out the HAP-1 Bluetooth earphones my SmartOmi. SmartOmi is an electronics manufacturer that makes a wide assortment of accessories and this is the first time I have reviewed one of their products. I am happy to say that the experience was enjoyable, and the product performed well, despite my initial reservations. So… let’s talk about the HAP-1

Sound Quality: I was a little apprehensive at first to review this product because I had never heard of SmartOmi before, and didn’t know anything about their products, but I’m glad I decided to go out on a limb and give them a whirl. When I first put the earphones in my ears, they had a nice weight and feel to them, and I was pleasantly surprised when I first turned them on and started listening to my music. The sound spectrum is good and the volume definitely gets loud. One of the features that I have been a little disappointed with lately is that many headsets and earphones that I have tried do not get loud enough. Not that they don’t play at an enjoyable volume level, but sometimes I really want to turn up the sound when I find a song that I like. The HAP-1’s will allow you to pump up the volume! Not only do they get loud, but the sound remains clear and I didn’t notice any distortion. The highs and the vocals are good, but the lows could be better. The bass is lacking, which is a little disappointing, but the mids and highs help make up for it a little bit. It seems like these earphones are geared more towards casual listening than audiophiles, and sound junkies. I am a bit of an audio enthusiast and I want an all-around sound experience from my audio accessories, but the HAP-1 seems like it should be more than adequate for casual listeners and people who care more for volume and vocals than full-spectrum sound. All in all though it’s a solid listening experience. My only other complaint is that the vocals can sound a bit forced at times, but that varied from artist to artist that I listened to. If you’re listening to CD quality audio or higher, and the artist isn’t overly nasally, it should be fine.
20171101_084525.jpg20171101_084538.jpg

Comfortability: The HAP-1’s are pretty comfortable as far as earphones go. They only come with two sets of earbud tips, but they fit snugly in my ears. One thing that I liked about the earbuds themselves is that the housing is made of metal, which gives them a little weight and premium feel to them. I didn’t try running in them, so you may need to exercise caution when you exercise, to ensure they are securely placed in your ear before you hit the pavement. Other than that though, even after keeping the earbuds in for an hour or two, I did not have any discomfort, and I generally have a hard time wearing standard sized earbuds, so I think it’s safe to say that they were made well, and are quite comfortable.
20171101_084558.jpg20171101_084630.jpg

Functionality: The functionality is straightforward and easy to use. There is no pairing button, which is a trend that I have enjoyed lately. All you have to do is fire them up with the multi-function button (also known as the power button), and then go to the Bluetooth connect screen on your device and they should pop right up. There is no further pairing that needs to be done; simply click on the Bluetooth name when it pops up and you’re ready to play! Another cool feature is that the earbuds are constructed out of metal, and the docking area is magnetized, which means that they will secure in place quite easily when you’re not using them. When the earbuds are not in the housing, they can also be connected to each other with their using the magnetized backing. The only other things I want to talk about here are that the construction is solid, other than the wire covering on the main part of the housing that connects to two earbuds bases together. It’s soft and pliable and seems like it could be damaged if you’re not careful and get them twisted up or crimped. There are little clips that are used for adjusting the length on the cord that goes from the unit to the earbuds, and they pop off quite easily. I wish that they put a little more diligence into the design, but it works. Really, I’m just being nit-picky, but it would be nice for them to address this in future iterations.
20171101_084722.jpg20171101_084744.jpg

Additional Features and Specs:
- Rated at 10 hours of playtime at mid-level volume
- Comes with a MicroUSB 2.0 charging cord, but it’s very short. (charging base not included)
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity (one-touch pairing)
- Comes with three sets of silicone earbud tips
- 8-10M range
- Built-in microphone for phone calls
- Voice-prompts for operation
- CVC 6.0 noise cancellation
20171101_084806.jpg20171101_084823.jpg20171101_084844.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up a pair of SmartOmi’s HAP-1 Neckband Headphones, you can purchase them directly through Amazon, with this link: Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711RB4W7/ --- They are currently priced at $33.99, and are eligible for Prime 2-day shipping. They also have a 35% off discount code that you can use at checkout, which makes the HAP-1 an even better buy! Here is the code: (AA7YCM7B). You can also get more information and see the rest of SmartOmi’s products on their website: http://www.smartomi.com, and https://goo.gl/qHjHQJ

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1