Slight charging glitch/issue

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
iPad was at 10% so put it down on the table & got the charger for it plugged it all in & turned the socket on & I got a blank screen. I pressed the home button & nothing happened so I thought maybe the iPad turned itself off at 10% so I held in the power/sleep/wake button & again nothing happened then I pressed the home button again & the screen lit up with 10% charge still. My iPad charged fine & is working ok now. Any idea why my iPad screen didn't light up straight away when I plugged it in to charge? Hope it's not gonna become a problem. Any ideas on this?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It was probably a software glitch and not likely something to worry about. Let us know if it keeps happening!

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Hope it doesn't happen again as i was worried. Will keep you posted. I only need to charge it about once or twice a week so might be a bit of a wait till i next post.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Hope it doesn't happen again as i was worried. Will keep you posted. I only need to charge it about once or twice a week so might be a bit of a wait till i next post.

Since it is still new (assuming you have the new iPad it is less than a month old), I'd definitely keep an eye on it. You could always (if you live close to an Apple Store) make an appointment at the Genius Bar and have them check it out, though it is unlikely they will be able to find an issue. If it does happen again, I would definitely get it checked out/replaced.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Since it is still new (assuming you have the new iPad it is less than a month old), I'd definitely keep an eye on it. You could always (if you live close to an Apple Store) make an appointment at the Genius Bar and have them check it out, though it is unlikely they will be able to find an issue. If it does happen again, I would definitely get it checked out/replaced.

Yeah I have the new iPad. Don't really live that close to an Apple Store but I'm really hoping it was a one off but will have to wait & see.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Charged my iPad again last night. Plugged it all in & turned the socket on & my iPad didn't light up like I think phones do but when I pressed the power button the screen lit up straight away to let me no it was charging.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB