Sleep Watch opinions w auto detection

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone using Sleep Watch to monitor sleep? How is the automatic sleep detection working? I'm a sleep++ user but I'd really like auto sleep detection. Anything else they like or don't like?

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
�� I too use Sleep++ but the auto feature interests me.
I'll have to look into this app closer.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
What happens if your sleep is disturbed for a few minutes. If you get up for a drink of water, does Auto Sleep wait some interval again before assuming you've gone back to sleep? Does it continue on and just denote/delete that bit from your sleep period.

If it waits for you to be motionless for an interval before starting your sleep cycle, does it start it then or give you credit from the time you started that motionless period.

I like the concept but an more $5 curious.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I use sleep++ but regularly forget to tell it I'm awake. The AW also records up to 50 steps during the night so I have to manually delete them for better daily accuracy.
Interested in automated recording tho

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been using sleep watch for a couple weeks. Works fine. I think I had to adjust my hours once or twice.

I think it works as well as my Fitbit Surge did. No noticeable battery drain.

mattkeil

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I've been using it for a few days and it seems to be working well.

On a couple of occasions I've had to adjust the time I went to bed manually as it didn't seem to pick up straightaway. It's been pretty much spot on when it comes to the time I wake up.

On one night, I didn't get much sleep and the app picked up on this rather well. If you wake during the night, it breaks the sleep up into segments and adds up the total.

Adjusting the time manually if you need to is easy. However, it seems to get better the more you use it.

The Watch app works well and is quite fast on both my Series 0 and Series 2 watches. App is very easy to use and gives lots of information.

Do note, that if you get this app, sharing to the Apple Health app is not enabled by default so you will need to turn this on yourself.

Hope that rambling reply is of use, do ask if there's anything you want to know.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been using it for a few days and it seems to be working well.

On a couple of occasions I've had to adjust the time I went to bed manually as it didn't seem to pick up straightaway. It's been pretty much spot on when it comes to the time I wake up.

On one night, I didn't get much sleep and the app picked up on this rather well. If you wake during the night, it breaks the sleep up into segments and adds up the total.

Adjusting the time manually if you need to is easy. However, it seems to get better the more you use it.

The Watch app works well and is quite fast on both my Series 0 and Series 2 watches. App is very easy to use and gives lots of information.

Do note, that if you get this app, sharing to the Apple Health app is not enabled by default so you will need to turn this on yourself.

Hope that rambling reply is of use, do ask if there's anything you want to know.

Many thanks.
Just one further question if I may:-
Currently I am using Sleep++. As someone who used to use the app yourself, how would you compare the readings/results between the two?
I appreciate this app has auto sleep/wake but does it's other uses worthy the ?4 price tag?

Thanks in advance.

mattkeil

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad I bought it and made the switch. Last night I used it and it was spot on. Somehow it gets more accurate the more you use it.

I liked Sleep++, but the UI was horrible. Also, on a couple of occasions I would forget to tell it I had finished sleeping. I went away for a couple of days and it said I had slept for 72 hours. When I tried to change it back it would let me trim it completely for some reason so I had to settle for 12 hours even though that wasn't the case.

You're essentially paying for a much better UI, faster Watch app loading time and the convenience of not having to manually start and stop the sleep time.

I won't be switching back I don't think.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad I bought it and made the switch. Last night I used it and it was spot on. Somehow it gets more accurate the more you use it.

I liked Sleep++, but the UI was horrible. Also, on a couple of occasions I would forget to tell it I had finished sleeping. I went away for a couple of days and it said I had slept for 72 hours. When I tried to change it back it would let me trim it completely for some reason so I had to settle for 12 hours even though that wasn't the case.

You're essentially paying for a much better UI, faster Watch app loading time and the convenience of not having to manually start and stop the sleep time.

I won't be switching back I don't think.
Muchly appreciated.
That's good enough for me to make a purchase. :yes:

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Been using Sleep Watch for the last week or so. The auto sleep tracking is f'n fantastic! Not having to start and stop an app to track sleep alone was enough to justify the price (for me). This app doesn't quite give you the same sleep resolution data as others but it's adequate and it syncs to Apple Health without issue. Big thumbs up👍

iMoreAppImg_20161113_101819.jpg

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Almost pulled the trigger, but saw it only tracks asleep and awake times and nothing about restless time! UGH

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just downloaded SleepMatic. It was $1.99. I'll give it a few days to see how it works. I want an auto sleep tracker, but not sure if I wanna pay 5 bucks for something I may not use. Not sure if I'll be able to get used to sleeping in my watch.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded SleepMatic. It was $1.99. I'll give it a few days to see how it works. I want an auto sleep tracker, but not sure if I wanna pay 5 bucks for something I may not use. Not sure if I'll be able to get used to sleeping in my watch.

Tried SleepMatic, not a happy camper, in my experience it is very inconsistent, not in sleep tracking so much as missing entire nights of sleep. Sometimes sleep data would suddenly appear from 1-2 days prior while showing nothing from the prior nights sleep. Gave up on it yesterday and then found this thread today. Sleep Watch looks promising and imo provides better data add has more features, at least from what I'm reading here. I hope you have great luck with SleepMatic but it just wasn't for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4