Should I upgrade to the 5 or not?

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine caseless for the last couple months. If I put a case on it to go to the gym, it just feels and looks wrong to me now. Mine has held up well, even with one drop on a tile floor. I do have the white version and AppleCare+ however.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a black 4 and like someone said earlier I always said I wanted a white one next time around but the new black design looks unreal. Decisions decisions...

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the white iPhone 5 as an upgrade from a black iPhone 4. I paid full price for mine in order to keep my unlimited data. I am glad I did. In the first month of ownership I blew through 2.6 gigs of data. The new 2 gig shared data plan would not have been enough. It is cheaper for me to keep my current plan and pay full price than to buy subsidized.

I got the white because of the ease with which the black one scratches.

I also go two cases. An otter white commuter case and a Seidio dual layer case with a kickstand. I alternate between the two cases. The otter does make you use more force to press the off button. This concerns me because it might damage the off button in the long term. The Seidio kickstand rattles when you shake the phone. It is a magnetic metal piece that might wear out with time.

One problem I had with my five is the occasional glitch in wifi reception. It has happened twice on 6.0.1. Turning the phone off or putting it in airplane mode and off again fixed that problem. That is a software glitch that should be fixed on 6.1 release.

Sent from my iPhone 7

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This concerns me because it might damage the off button in the long term.

I'm pretty sure the extra effort used to press the button is not being transferred to the actual off button but rather being absorbed by the firm rubber of the commuter case.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the extra effort used to press the button is not being transferred to the actual off button but rather being absorbed by the firm rubber of the commuter case.

I noticed that the rubber on the Seidio case is much softer than the one on the otter. The force needed to press the off button is, therefore, less than what is needed to do the same on the commuter case. I like the softer rubber. It feels better and might be less likely to scratch the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 7

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPhone 5 and I think it will be a worthwhile upgrade from the 4. I would bet money that the next gen iPhone will look identical to the iPhone 5 and will have some minor internal upgrades that 85% of users won't even notice for day to day use.

Junius8

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes you should it feel so much better in your hands, Verizon's LTE is something serious let along the processing speeds of opening things is much more responsive. Overall you do get minor differences from the 4S inwhich I still have.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
LTE is very nice
ve7e4uqa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I also upgraded from the 4 to the 5, and have been quite pleased with the faster/better hardware along with the larger screen. I stuck with going white on my next iPhone, even though I did like the black's new sleekness. I like the combo of white/metal!

I've had mine caseless since buying it last October. I've dropped it a few times since then and all it has are small dings on the edges. (I really wish Apple made the bumpers for the 5...)

All in all, great experience and I think I'll be happy with it with just the next iOS upgrade rather than feeling a need to upgrade the phone.

tlbaker1

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade. It's worth it. If I upgraded from 4S to the 5. I immediately noticed faster phone and LTE alone was worth it. Now imagine you from a 4 to 5. No doubt about it. Do it.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

I am waiting for 6 +; should be around same time 2013 lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I love my iphone5, so much the speed,screen,weight ,lte and it looks completely classy, for the people who complain about scratches and dings, I have a black one since release day I have a very slim Bellini on it and its perfect. Just as many 4 and 4s crack and shatter as 5s scratch we'll close,lol if you don't want a case get a full body hd zagg and it will be protected if you research on YouTube etc all the test show it to be tough when dropping compared to previous iPhones and galaxy's, as far as google I have no problem with my stuff also I like there maps seven though now google maps are back on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
LTE, 4" screen, A6 processor, HD front camera. Sure... overrated.

Good to see we are on the same page! The Lumia 920 is the best phone out based on pure tech specs under the hood. Especially the screen and cameras.

4" screen, pretty sure that's the smallest size of the high end smartphone market.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2