Should I upgrade iOS 6.1.2 to iOS 8.x on my iPhone 4s?

I

iMore Question

upgrading ios 6.1.2 to ios 8.x on iphone 4s

Hello,

I have ios 6.1.2 on iphone 4s, i bought it that way and i can't upgrade to ios7.

My question is, should i update to ios 8.1.1 or wait ios 8.2, since i can't use some application because i have older ios.

vle045

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: upgrading ios 6.1.2 to ios 8.x on iphone 4s

NO! I upgraded my iPad 2 which runs the same A5 chip that the iPhone 4s has. Upgrading my iPad rendered it completely useless. Well, I could use it, but it would constantly freeze up in the middle of typing an email or something and I would have to restart it and start the email all over again. I tried to reset to factory and do a fresh install and still had too many issues. iOS 7 worked fine on it, but iOS 8 ruined it. After enough trial, error, frustration and wanting to throw it into the wall, I headed over to Best Buy and traded it in. Got $106 for it and $100 for the iPhone 4s that I no longer used. Got the iPad Air 2. So the upgrade to iOS 8 cost me a few hundred bucks and my iPhone that I was happily using as an iPod....

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: upgrading ios 6.1.2 to ios 8.x on iphone 4s

I wouldn't upgrade it. The older devices have a hard time with the new OS'es. I would recommend an upgrade to a newer device. That will solve your issues with the OS, apps, and speed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson