Settings>Messages

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Every time I open Settings and click "Messages" tab in settings the Settings app just Freezes. Never opens my message settings. I can click home button and get back to main screen so phone isn't freezing, but it refuses to open the Message Settings tab in settings. I've tried waiting and waiting.

Am I alone here??

Any tips or suggestions? Not wanting to wipe and restore phone but...

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Currently having this same issue. The messages app itself will lock up and refuse to open (can still use the rest of the phone) but when you go into settings>messages that won't even open. Wonder whats going on here. Pretty annoying having to restart your phone every half an hour.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Currently having this same issue. The messages app itself will lock up and refuse to open (can still use the rest of the phone) but when you go into settings>messages that won't even open. Wonder whats going on here. Pretty annoying having to restart your phone every half an hour.

Yes. Same here. Wife and myself were texting each other exploring all of 10s new messaging app and I don't know if we over loaded it or what but mine froze and then proceeded to over load her with a bunch of "test" as it unfroze.

I wonder how dependent all these new Messaging features are on Apple servers? I guess in my head I chalked it up as a "well everyone is seeing what all the "new" is about and jacking with it and that's why it crashed" but it's still been odd all evening...

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Same here. Wife and myself were texting each other exploring all of 10s new messaging app and I don't know if we over loaded it or what but mine froze and then proceeded to over load her with a bunch of "test" as it unfroze.

I wonder how dependent all these new Messaging features are on Apple servers? I guess in my head I chalked it up as a "well everyone is seeing what all the "new" is about and jacking with it and that's why it crashed" but it's still been odd all evening...

I've been thinking the same thing too actually. It appears to me that it has something to with iMessage. Because the final moments before the app crashes, I see that my contacts that have iPhones and iMessage get shot back to regular "Text Message". So i'm curious if its just Apple's servers getting overloaded and me losing the iMessage connection and the Messages app not being able to handle it.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking the same thing too actually. It appears to me that it has something to with iMessage. Because the final moments before the app crashes, I see that my contacts that have iPhones and iMessage get shot back to regular "Text Message". So i'm curious if its just Apple's servers getting overloaded and me losing the iMessage connection and the Messages app not being able to handle it.

I'd imagine we're on to something myself sir. Definitely has something to do with iMessage and yea mine did that too, tried to send some iMessages as regular text. I bet Apple servers are getting slaughtered to put it lightly.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd imagine we're on to something myself sir. Definitely has something to do with iMessage and yea mine did that too, tried to send some iMessages as regular text. I bet Apple servers are getting slaughtered to put it lightly.

I did see where someone suggested logging out of iMessage and logging back in/disabling iMessage and re-enabling rather I guess it would be. That was reported to fix some other iMessage related issue; maybe it would be applicable here to to re establish connection to Apple servers.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site

They're hanging in there though! Better than anything I could cobble together! Ha. I'm going to sleep on this Messages issue and see if its still persistent tomorrow. If so, ill delve deeper into the issue and report back!

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I did see where someone suggested logging out of iMessage and logging back in/disabling iMessage and re-enabling rather I guess it would be. That was reported to fix some other iMessage related issue; maybe it would be applicable here to to re establish connection to Apple servers.

Tried that! No difference for me. :(

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
They're hanging in there though! Better than anything I could cobble together! Ha. I'm going to sleep on this Messages issue and see if its still persistent tomorrow. If so, ill delve deeper into the issue and report back!

Yes sir, please do. I'm with you though man, I imagine after all the new wears off normalcy will resume... well until everyone gets their iPhone 7s it is. All those jet black... errr black 7 S are going to "crash" it again

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am so glad... I am not a "texter!" I can't imagine the GeeWiz - DooDad - FlippyFloppy - Furry Animal - Kissy Heart - things that are going back and forth over iMessage now. LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am so glad... I am not a "texter!" I can't imagine the GeeWiz - DooDad - FlippyFloppy - Furry Animal - Kissy Heart - things that are going back and forth over iMessage now. LOL

That's what I thought at first about a month ago. But, no, I've been having a ball with it all. There's so much to do that's cool.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Settings>Messages

Maybe I'll "sleep on" my issues and they'll rectify overnight. Been on phone since I updated it

If you still have the freezing issue, try Reset All Settings.
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4