Settings app - Has it ever crashed on you?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This is what the genius guy recommended. First, I had "Notes" set up to sync under 4 email accounts. He had me copy/paste all of my notes to the iCloud notes.Then under email in "Settings", I had the 4 email accounts set up. He recommended turning off calendars and notes for all email accounts that I did not need them for. I only needed it for iCloud now. He said I probably had too much syncing going along from 4 email accounts which was causing the freeze up and crashes. Last, he had me rest my settings. Not a full erase or network settings but just the regular settings. Thats would erase any kind of hiccups I had going on. The settings reset may have cleared it without doing the rest but I figured better safe than sorry. So far *knocks on wood* no more settings app crashes. If it somehow continues, I'll have to restore as new. Trying to avoid that as I don't want to lose all of my Angry Birds data. :eek:

Good stuff, what does clearing the settings do? Does that just reset all the sounds, brightness, alert preferences, and all that jive? Think I will try some of the disabling email calenders on some of my accounts and see if it helps with some of the hiccups I get here and there.

Dsgcobra

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Good stuff, what does clearing the settings do? Does that just reset all the sounds, brightness, alert preferences, and all that jive? Think I will try some of the disabling email calenders on some of my accounts and see if it helps with some of the hiccups I get here and there.

Yes all your preferences and setting are set to the default like the phone is new. Sounds, brightness, ect...
Data such as your contacts list and media such as your songs and videos are not deleted.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorganNelson