My Take on the XS. Is it worth it??

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 124457Hi everyone, went from an 8 Plus (now passed to my son) to an Xs 256 gb, I’m not sure if I did the right choice.
I mean, the phone is just fantastic. Fast, beautiful in gold color, with a terrific camera. Better than the 8 Plus in many ways, and handling it is very easy even with one hand.
But... there is a big BUT. Battery life simply isn’t up to the 8 Plus standard.
I used to reach end of the day with 35/40% battery available, now I can barely reach end of the day.
Maybe I should’ve opted for the Xs Max.
What do you think?

I have both the Xs and Xs Max. The Max battery is way better. Much more than the hour that Apple says it’s better over the Xs. The Max has the best battery I’ve ever experience on a smart phone.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I went from the 7 Plus to the iphone XS. I love all the upgrades and design but apart of me feels a bit cheated by apple. The XS costs a couple hundred more than the XR but it seems most tech sites say the XR is not only cheaper, but the superior phone with a slightly bigger screen and better battery life, and better color options but had downgrades else where, no dual camera, LCD screen isn't as good as OLED but that is the only major difference. Again, I am happy with the XS and all, but I feel like apple kinda of screwed over XS people a bit.

I think even apple knows that the XR will probably be the flagship phones this year with most people.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I went from the 7 Plus to the iphone XS. I love all the upgrades and design but apart of me feels a bit cheated by apple. The XS costs a couple hundred more than the XR but it seems most tech sites say the XR is not only cheaper, but the superior phone with a slightly bigger screen and better battery life, and better color options but had downgrades else where, no dual camera, LCD screen isn't as good as OLED but that is the only major difference. Again, I am happy with the XS and all, but I feel like apple kinda of screwed over XS people a bit.

I think even apple knows that the XR will probably be the flagship phones this year with most people.

I wouldn’t worry about the XR until it comes to the marketplace. I only take these tech site reviews with a grain of salt.

I am taking a wait and see approach and I will probably get an XR for my brother and then I can make my own determination of the device after I have played with it for a week.

Until then I will continue to enjoy my new XS which to me was worth the upgrade.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn’t worry about the XR until it comes to the marketplace. I only take these tech site reviews with a grain of salt.

I am taking a wait and see approach and I will probably get an XR for my brother and then I can make my own determination of the device after I have played with it for a week.

Until then I will continue to enjoy my new XS which to me was worth the upgrade.

Yea I was planning to stick with the XS since I take a lot of pictures with my phone so the dual camera is cool. I also like the OLED screen, but hearing that the XR is offering a little more bang for you buck is off putting. But we will see how it turns out.

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Can I get my old leased iPhone X back if I upgraded but wasn’t satisfied? If so, would I have to pay more than the restocking fee?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Can I get my old leased iPhone X back if I upgraded but wasn’t satisfied? If so, would I have to pay more than the restocking fee?

That would depend on who you bought the device from. Most carriers do have a restocking fee, I know at T Mobile it’s 50 dollars.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from a 7 128gb to the Xs 256gb. I have to say, there is a noticeable difference in speed in everyday use. Not only that, the camera is better and the screen is clearer with much better color and quality. Definitely sharper. It took a bit of getting used to not having the home button and using gestures instead of button presses to get to the app switcher or back to the home screen I have to say though after a few days of using it, I prefer that along with the Face ID for unlocking.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from a 7 128gb to the Xs 256gb. I have to say, there is a noticeable difference in speed in everyday use. Not only that, the camera is better and the screen is clearer with much better color and quality. Definitely sharper. It took a bit of getting used to not having the home button and using gestures instead of button presses to get to the app switcher or back to the home screen I have to say though after a few days of using it, I prefer that along with the Face ID for unlocking.

Glad you like your new XS, as I tell everyone I know who has crossed over to the gesture concept from the home button, once you get used to it, you will find yourself not wanting to go back.

Being an old Blackberry OS10 user, we all knew how great the gesture concept was and are glad Apple has taken in a forward direction. They have the resources and the customer base to take it to the next level and I am excited to see where it will go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner