Running Day Challenge

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Edwin! I'll definitely do this tomorrow. I wonder why there isn't some kind of notification for this. I would never have known about it if not for Edwin.

Reactions: Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just looked on the app and found it, but if it wasn't for Edwin, I would have never known about it. That said, this will be a badge that I'll never earn! Good for those who do!!!!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got the notification as well. (I'm glad Apple does these on behalf of those for whom this is a challenge, but this isn't all that challenging for me personally. I kind of wish there was a way to opt out of these special challenges while keeping things like the monthly challenges.)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Since I didn't receive notice of the last two special challenges, I decided to make sure they were turned on:
On the iPhone watch app: Notifications>Activity>Special Challenges

Unfortunately, that notification was turned on, so something else is wrong.

doogald, you said, " I kind of wish there was a way to opt out of these special challenges while keeping things like the monthly challenges." You could go into Notifications and turn off Special Challenges as a way to opt out.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Since I didn't receive notice of the last two special challenges, I decided to make sure they were turned on:
On the iPhone watch app: Notifications>Activity>Special Challenges

Unfortunately, that notification was turned on, so something else is wrong.

Same here! I’ve gotten zero notification of the special challenges despite all activity notifications are turned on. Something is amiss and I’m not sure what it is

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@Annie_M and @EdwinG I’m going to start checking more often for your posts regarding Apple Watch challenges since I’m no longer receiving notifications for some reason. I enjoy any and all challenges. Thank you for your diligence in letting us all know about them. Much appreciated

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
doogald, you said, " I kind of wish there was a way to opt out of these special challenges while keeping things like the monthly challenges." You could go into Notifications and turn off Special Challenges as a way to opt out.

It's not necessarily the notification that bugs me; it's the badge itself. It's not a huge deal, but I just don't care about them, so I don't want them showing up at all if I just happen to complete them. (I often do. I think the yoga and the meditation challenges are the only ones I haven't received.)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you checked the Notification Centre? They were silent notifications on my watches.
I don't open the notification center very often and, when I do, I usually just select dismiss all. I'll have to start keeping an eye on it. I'll definitely check it the next time someone posts about a special challenge here. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: EdwinG

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
It's not necessarily the notification that bugs me; it's the badge itself. It's not a huge deal, but I just don't care about them, so I don't want them showing up at all if I just happen to complete them. (I often do. I think the yoga and the meditation challenges are the only ones I haven't received.)
One of us is an outlier! You don't want completed special challenges to show at all and, like ksassy said, "I enjoy any and all challenges." :unsure: Would I be correct in thinking that most challenges and fitness records are not especially motivating for you? My OCD attention to this probably means I'm easily manipulated, but I very much look forward to getting even little incentives such as the weekly closed all rings. I can say with certainty that I would not have a move streak of 3239 days if it were not for the Longest Move Streak badge.

Reactions: m3ach