Running background apps?

MrMercedes

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
So Im loving the phone, just received it today. I had the Evo 4g for the 30 day trial and all I can say is apple Ios is way smoother in my opinion. I just don't think Android is quite there. I do miss the screen size on the evo :(. And the customization...."come apple get with the program" I guess that's what jail breaking is for :)

Anyway, on to my question? I was wondering if there is an option to turn off the background apps running in the background. It seems like every app you open is running in the background. That's one thing I hated about Android. There was no option to pick selected apps to run instead of all apps. I doubt there is but thought I would ask.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well, what you are seeing is really a fast switch implementation. Most of the apps there are just there in case you want to run them quickly.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyway, on to my question? I was wondering if there is an option to turn off the background apps running in the background. It seems like every app you open is running in the background. That's one thing I hated about Android. There was no option to pick selected apps to run instead of all apps. I doubt there is but thought I would ask.

If you want to stop something from being in your apps manager, just hold your finger down on them once you double click the home button. Then hit the little - button.. it will go bye bye. I do think Apple should have provided a ways to basically check off which Apps we wanted to keep active and those we don't, so that when we close those they would just shut down totally.

The theory is that when it is in that background state it isn't using any resources. So it should not matter! Do you buy that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB