Rocky Racoon Untether Not Downloading

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting an error everytime I try to download the Rocky Racoon Untether. I am on 5.1.1 and my device is Iphone 4. Error I keep getting is sub-process pre-installation script returned error exit status.
Any Ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting an error everytime I try to download the Rocky Racoon Untether. I am on 5.1.1 and my device is Iphone 4. Error I keep getting is sub-process pre-installation script returned error exit status.
Any Ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance

I assume you used Redsn0w to apply a tethered jailbreak first?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
yes, and im pretty sure its the latest version. redsn0w_mac_0.9.11b4 is this the latest?

Humm, yes it is. Have you tried waiting a bit and then trying Cydia, as it ,at be because the servers are bogged down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have been periodically checking it since last night. No luck. I keep getting the same error message.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
That's a strange one. I guess you could always restore your device, and jailbreak with Absinthe, but that's more work.

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
That's a strange one. I guess you could always restore your device, and jailbreak with Absinthe, but that's more work.
Thats what I was thinking, but It doesn't recognize my iphone 4, could this be something where the update has messed something us? Could this also be the reason why I cant download Rocky Racoon?

MarianoArg

May 28, 2012
Visit site
what error are you getting? Are you sure it is a download error and not an installing error?

I have the same settings you have and I'm getting "sorry your device/iOS is not compatible"... I'm not sure why, maybe it is because of the latest 9B208 update. I've read absinthe 2.0.2 supports this version but maybe they forgot to update the cydia repo...

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a 9B208 device and jailbroke it. Granted I did it from a fresh iOS 5.1.1 after blowing out a 5.0.1 JB. All the same the Rocky Racoon Untether installs installs either way you jailbreak.

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
what error are you getting? Are you sure it is a download error and not an installing error?

I have the same settings you have and I'm getting "sorry your device/iOS is not compatible"... I'm not sure why, maybe it is because of the latest 9B208 update. I've read absinthe 2.0.2 supports this version but maybe they forgot to update the cydia repo...

error I get when trying to install rocky racoon is sub process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

when i tried to instal absinthe 2.02 it worked but when trying to jailbreak would not recognize my device.

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a 9B208 device and jailbroke it. Granted I did it from a fresh iOS 5.1.1 after blowing out a 5.0.1 JB. All the same the Rocky Racoon Untether installs installs either way you jailbreak.
would it make since to just restore back to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak again?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet is to restore and break with absinthe.not really all that much work. Just a few extra steps. I did this on friday. only because i did not know about the racoon deal until i had already done the restore.

MarianoArg

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet is to restore and break with absinthe.not really all that much work. Just a few extra steps. I did this on friday. only because i did not know about the racoon deal until i had already done the restore.

I tried absinthe with other iPhones and it's the best choice, I agree.

The only issue with absinthe is you cannot use it with inactive phones, and apple doesn't let you activate them unless you have a valid SIM (which I don't have). That's why I had to go with redsn0w.
Anyway, since I cannot unlock the carrier with the latest baseband and is just an overpriced iPod touch right now I don't care that much about untethering...

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried absinthe with other iPhones and it's the best choice, I agree.

The only issue with absinthe is you cannot use it with inactive phones, and apple doesn't let you activate them unless you have a valid SIM (which I don't have). That's why I had to go with redsn0w.
Anyway, since I cannot unlock the carrier with the latest baseband and is just an overpriced iPod touch right now I don't care that much about untethering...

Quite honestly i never had an issue with my device using the tethered jb from redsn0w, my wife's springboard crashed on her due to a theme that wasn't iOS 5 friendly. Not that big of a deal. As of right now here phone is untethered using rocky racoon and my iPod touch 4 is still tethered as the only place it is used is at home where i have a computer to reboot if necessary.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I didn't read every post in the thread but I got the main point. There are so many options but Absinthe is the best I've found. The best way to do it is in 5.1.1 backup your iPhone to iCloud or your computer. Then either head to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and Tutorials, iPhone, Basic and go to the firmware download section.

You can either download the 206 version of 5.1.1 and Absinthe 2.0.1 put your device into DFU mode open iTunes. When it says it detected a device in restore mode hold Option/Shift key and click Restore then point to your 206 version of 5.1.1 Apple is still signing it because it is still 5.1.1 so after the restore close iTunes and continue through the phone to restore from your iCloud backup or do it in iTunes if you backed up manually. Then after the restore is complete run Absinthe and bam you're all set to go.

Alternatively if your phone is on 5.1.1 it is most likely on the 208 version so download the new Absinthe 2.0.2 and bam there you go. If you're already on some tethered JB and you've messed with a couple things then I'd backup and download the 208 version of 5.1.1 from iclarified and do a DFU restore(mentioned above). This will wipe the phone clean and then you can proceed with the rest of the process similar to above only using Absinthe 2.0.2.

Sorry if there was something I missed in the posts I didn't read.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I bet the Rocky Racoon untether only supports the 206 version of 5.1.1. Not the 208. Bet that's causing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy