• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Regarding iTunes Match and removing individual songs from the Cloud. How do I do this?

I

iMore Question

Regarding iTunes Match and removing individual songs from the Cloud

I have more than 25,000 songs in my library and I'm not going to do a library split as others recommend. Here's my question: how do I remove selected songs from iCloud (Match) without removing them from my library?

iTunes provides a nice manner in which to add songs to iCloud simply by highlighting, right-clicking and selecting "add to iCloud". It would be great if iTunes provided the same technique with a "remove from iCloud". It would be really slick if this could be done from within a Smart Playlist.

True, the "Delete" function seems like it should work with the check-box "Also delete this song from iCloud" but then you have to actually delete the song from your library to get it out of iCould. This is not an option.

Then there is an issue with how to prevent songs from automatically being added to iCloud when you rip or import them.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman