Power button sticking??

Rube8514

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with their power button not working? I am having to press on it VERY hard for it to SOMETIMES turn off. I really dont want to go to the Genius Bar, but I'm thinking this is what the answer is going to be.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just had to get my power button replaced by a local iPhone repair company and it was only $35, you may be able to find a local area repair place as well that will charge less than the Apple Store

farside33

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 just started exhibiting the same issue. I am wondering if it is a bug in 7.0.3.
When the problem occurs (press power button once to goto standby - nothing) and I move the home screen and then press the power button again it turns off. This has been repeatable at least for me.

lancer_dd

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 just started exhibiting the same issue. I am wondering if it is a bug in 7.0.3.
When the problem occurs (press power button once to goto standby - nothing) and I move the home screen and then press the power button again it turns off. This has been repeatable at least for me.

This is def a problem with the iPhone 5. My problem started just after having the phone about a year when it was out of warranty. I took it to a phone shop today and the guy told me if he had a cent for every iPhone 5 sleep/wake button he has replaced he'd be a rich man. I had mine replaced in about an hour and I'm so glad to have a fully functioning iPhone again. Im of the view that it's not specific to 7.0.3 or even ios7 as my problems preceded the iOS 7 update. Rather it seems to be a hardware glitch. I'm glad I got it replaced and I can only advise others to do the same if they want a fully functioning phone again. 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am having the exact same problem with my iPhone and the thing is that it is just about a year and I am noticing that it's happening on my iPhone 5 to.. U think apple can do anything about it if your phone is still under one year warranty?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Since I have seen this thread and made my first post.. I quickly check to see if my phone still under the one year warranty and it is so I talked to an apple rep on the phone and my phone is gonna get replaced with a brand new iPhone 5.. Good thing cause my warranty was actually gonna run out in 5 days

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My daughter has the same issue with her 4S. I can get it repaired at a local repair shop for $30. Check around you might find someone who could fix it for less than Apple.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
guys, its not a software issue. it was WELL documented back as far as last october. its a hardware problem and apple will replace the phone or fix it under warranty. if you are out of warranty, you can still bring it to them and see if they are nice enough to fix it for you anyways. if not, the new ribbon cable to fix it is like $25 online and you can do it yourself.

i had my iphone 5 replaced last january for this issue, as did two of my coworkers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pRose