Jammed Power/Lock button

whiteowl4

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Top/power button jammed. What happens if I don’t fix it all and just use the accessibility button? Are there situations where having the top button working will be absolutely required? I tried cleaning but it didn’t work. Maybe the inside radio/push button is faulty. How to fix it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Without the power button working, how are you going to power it on if you don’t have your power cable with you? Did you not opt to get it fixed when you got the home button you mentioned in a previous thread repaired?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The lock/power button is required to power on the device when powered off. So, if you power off the device and don't plug in into a charger, you will not be able to power it on.

It is possible that the switch inside is broken, so you might need to be have it repaired. I don't know the precise implications of such a repair however.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Just imho, unless finances are uncomfortably tight, go get it fixed asap. You’re carrying around an expensive and very technically capable device, a device that often provides important function to one’s daily life. This is not the device to use duct tape on (figuratively speaking). Save the duct tape for a hand blender with a loose button or a dust buster that’s lint compartment lost one of the snap in edges :). BOL…

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro