Possible gradient problem on ipad?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I noriced in a few cases I've noticed some banding on grays when loading up a site like android central.com or noticing maybe sow banding on certain colors at times? Is this a known issue with iPads? I can't think of anything I might have done to cause color or gray banding. All I've done is get a microfiber cloth damp with distilled water to clean the screen once orwice? Would that have done anything? Or am I seeing things or make these banding issues were when I was viewing low quality stuff? Is there a test I can do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you post a few screenshots for us to get a better understanding of what you're seeing?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I'm noticing it on my ipad mini as well when viewing those few things where I noticed it. So it might just be the assets I'm viewing.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a few screenshots for us to get a better understanding of what you're seeing?

D, I don't think think taking a screenshot will help as it won't actually show up on a screenshot. I think the OP would have to take a picture of the screen using a camera in order for you to see it. I know iPads with the yellow screen issue won't show up on a screenshot either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
D, I don't think think taking a screenshot will help as it won't actually show up on a screenshot. I think the OP would have to take a picture of the screen using a camera in order for you to see it. I know iPads with the yellow screen issue won't show up on a screenshot either.

​Got it. Thanks, Rose...:)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think it's just me seeing things. I only noticed it on certain apps like the kindle and amazon video app (there's this kinda weird circle banding on where the light grays go darker. But it's circles, which leads me to believe its the app, not the screen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think it's just me seeing things. I only noticed it on certain apps like the kindle and amazon video app (there's this kinda weird circle banding on where the light grays go darker. But it's circles, which leads me to believe its the app, not the screen.

It could be the app. One way to tell would be to remove the apps that you notice this on and see if the problem goes away.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD