Possible Contact Bug

mziminski

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's the situation:
One of the contacts in my phone who I always talk, text, and FaceTime with, the FaceTime icon isn't showing up for her. When I go to her message thread and click on details, only the call button and info come up. It normally shows call/FaceTime audio (the phone icon gives the option for both), the FaceTime button, and the info button. See the pictures below:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415424386.991847.jpg
Her buttons in the "details" section of the messages app
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415424436.860050.jpg
My contact's buttons in the "details" section of the messages app.

As you can see, there's a problem. Now, it's nothing major. But it's an annoyance that her contact is the ONLY one doing this.

Here're some steps I've taken to try to fix it:
-I've deleted her contact, readded it.
-deleted the message thread and re establish it.
-have her check her FaceTime settings. (For some reason, the check mark wasn't next to her number, she turned FaceTime off and back on and the check mark appeared).

After trying these, nothing worked. Does anyone know anything that could possibly help me with this? As I said, it's nothing major, it's just an annoyance. But any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

mziminski

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Did she disable FT or get a different phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only thing that I can think of is when iOS 7 was still out, I jail broke her phone. Then I went to update her phone for her, I restored the phone using dfu mode. She logged in with her Apple ID. So everything IS set up correctly on both ends, I just don't know why it's not working :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77