PixelSkin HD, Grip Candy, NGP, or Similar?

RichardC300

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Speck CandyShell for my iPhone 5 on launch day to hold me over until I find my ideal case. Well...there's 40 bucks down the drain... Anyways, with my 4S, the Belkin Essential was probably my all time favorite case, but it was too tight of a fit with a front and back screen protector on the phone, so I switched to the Speck PixelSkin HD. This case performed just as well as the Belkin. I liked the tiles on this case, but I much prefer the sleek look and feel of the Belkin. The Incipio NGP also caught my eye during my 4S case search and still does for its similar features.

The Belkin Grip Candy seems to be the iPhone 5 equivalent of the Belkin Essential. Although, one thing about the Grip Candy that I dislike is that it shows some of the metal on the back of the phone. Basically, the hole is too large.

Onto the question. I'm looking for the thinnest case that offers "lay on the table" protection, all-around coverage, and doesn't scratch the phone. Of the Speck, Belkin, and Incipio, which one is the thinnest? If there's any other similar cases, please suggest them! I would love to look into more options.

Speck:
PixelSkin HD Cases for iPhone 5 | Speck Products

Belkin:
Belkin Grip Candy Case for iPhone 5 F8W152

Incipio
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...emi-rigid-soft-shell-case.html&token=N_T9Ogld

Last edited:

Jman1313

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I think so. The Frequency is a semi-rigid case with like a digital graphic equalizer type design on the back. It's subtle, but a nice texture. I like the case a lot. I've got the black one, and it is rather slim but looks like it would provide very good protection in a drop (I haven't tested ;) ) I've got that and a bumper, and I've been going back and forth every few days to figure out which I like best...just put the Frequency back on.

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the incipio frequency as well! That and Speck Candyshell. frequency for days I wanna go understated and simple, and speck for days I feel colorful. lol!

djdan

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd vote for the Belkin Candy. But go with sheer model. A little see through to show off back of phone.

Sent from my IPad (3rd Gen)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The Belkin Grip Candy is excellent. Fits great and buttons easy to push. The Incipio NGP, lock button is hard to press. Poor case design. I've heard from several that the Speck Pixel HD fits loose.

stevenjoywells

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i agree it, The Frequency is a semi-rigid case with like a digital graphic equalizer type design on the back. It's subtle, but a nice texture. I like the case a lot.
81.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien