Photos Showing up Upside down after opening email?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
how come whenever i seem to email photos to people when they open them they open upside down. how do you fix this and why does this happen?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you take them with the volume buttons on top or on bottom?

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me back in early November and I was taking snaps with the volume button on top. All you need to do is rotate it around and shoot with them on the bottom. I fixed the photos after the fact.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I take photos with the buttons on top (where they should be) and they show in Windows upside-down. It's something to do with the meta data. They show normally in photo apps like Photoshop, it's just Windows that has issues.

If you open the pic in photoshop and immediately save it (without doing anything), they suddenly appear correctly in Windows.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I find it easier with the buttons down. Use my left thumb to take the pictures, but that may be me being weird.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Assemblo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem you're having is due to the clients not correctly reading the meta tags on the photos.

We've created an app that resolves this issue if you're looking to email photos (and also uses better JPEG compression than the default as a bonus).

You can get SnapBot for free on the app store, I can't post a link to it here as I don't have more than 10 posts sorry, but just do a search for it.

Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2