Phone died trying to restore my device. Screen is displaying a USB cord and iTunes symbol.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous! My phone was running up fine until now I've decided to do a fresh install cause of the battery drain. As it was about restoring from iTunes, I got a message at the end saying that it cannot restore the device and now I'm stuck with the black screen that says to plugin the device using the USB wire to iTunes! I think it's dead. Nothing's working here and it can't seem to connect to the computer which I'm just stuck with the black screen! What to do PLEASE help!

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone died after restore URGENT HELP

This is ridiculous! My phone was running up fine until now I've decided to do a fresh install cause of the battery drain. As it was about restoring from iTunes, I got a message at the end saying that it cannot restore the device and now I'm stuck with the black screen that says to plugin the device using the USB wire to iTunes! I think it's dead. Nothing's working here and it can't seem to connect to the computer which I'm just stuck with the black screen! What to do PLEASE help!

I'm going to guess that your phone is not at all "dead", but your back up is corrupted. Unfortunately, this happens with all things whether it's a computer or a smart phone. Try a fresh restore on the phone without using your backup...

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

The good thing is that your apps are backed up in iTunes and the App store, so you won't have to BUY them again...the bad news is that if you don't sync your iPhone to a computer in iTunes, you'll have to go through and download them all again from iCloud in the app store (time consuming, but it is what it is). In iTunes, if you sync on a computer, you can simply move them over...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

When you connect it to your computer you're saying that iTunes doesn't recognize that a phone is connected? When iTunes does recognize it just follow the link that Sean provided. Otherwise if iTunes isn't recognizing the iPhone being connected that's a whole other issue.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

When you connect it to your computer you're saying that iTunes doesn't recognize that a phone is connected? When iTunes does recognize it just follow the link that Sean provided. Oherwise if iTunes isn't recognizing the iPhone being connected that's a whole other issue.
Exactly what I was saying. But anyway, seemed to fixed the problem just by rebooting the computer and iPhone. Thanks anyway.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Exactly what I was saying. But anyway, seemed to fixed the problem just by rebooting the computer and iPhone. Thanks anyway.

I know this is going to come across as a bit crass, but before you start flipping out over something like this, I would think resetting one or both devices and trying again would be an almost common sense action. I mean, when a computer is having issues, the natural instinct is to reset the computer...right?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4