Pandora eating my daughters data!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick, sorta off-topic question. Why is there so much animosity on these forums from people when they find out a kid has an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch? We live in a connected society and children are learning to use this technology from the time when they are born.

Parents that give their children technology at a young age are only helping to prepare them for the evermore connected world that they are growing into.

We need to keep in mind that this is a technology forum. Parenting decisions are not a factor here, and it would be better to keep that from the discussion. Instead of attacking parents, lets help them solve their technology problems, like this forum was created to do.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I don't think it's necessarily animosity, but more of a generational difference. Parents can give their kids whatever they want. It is their choice, their decisions and their children. However, some of us believe that kids of a certain age group, in general, should not have ownership of certain things. Again, I'm speaking in general terms. That is not a knock on the OP, but it is an observation that many people share (particularly an older generation). To be fair, however, there is probably an equal number of people who believe that young children can only benefit from early exposure to smartphones and tablets and there is nothing wrong with their thinking. It is merely different from others and nothing more.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
It has little to do with introducing kids to technology but everything to do with kids not being held responsible for things such as data. Giving a 5 year old pandora and expecting them to close out the app properly is a little much. At that age, effectively navigating any electronic is a triumph. However, it quickly shows they aren't yet ready to handle the full spectrum of necessary responsibility.

Couple things seem strange in this. No wireless at home, how about Internet in general? A wireless router would be much cheaper.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I totally understand a 5 year old using the technology, but it would be good if she can learn to double tap the home and kill the app there. Something which I know people teach their kids playing games on the phones.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Teach her how to close pandora or stop the music when done or she don't get to use the app ?

Both my kids 6 and 3 have a ipad 2 .. And I think it's the best thing ever my wife was against it but now she sees why I introduced it to them. My oldest ranked advanced on her state testing for reading and math.

That being said I they both have wifi only I'm the only one with a Verizon model.

I would suggest investing in home wifi it would solve both your issues. Or teach her how to kill apps I know it's possible because my 6 year old know how.
Just throwing out ideas
Does the pandora app have any options ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77