Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Do people really have to be the absolute first ones with the new iPhone? I would rather wait and make sure any bugs are worked out of it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are on an iPhone exclusive website, in the forums of the iPhone 5. Of course we have to be the first ones.

Vostok

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
A black 32gb iPhone 5 on AT&T will be replacing a 3 year old black 16gb iPhone 3GS. I'm west coast so I'll be awake and I got alot of Mt. Dew to keep it that way.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Did you have issues with your white Iphone? Im not sure which color I want but I heard that wear and tear is more visible on the white one. What do you think??

I have a white iPhone 4S that I've had since launch day. It looks like the day I got it. You'll be fine with white. It will typically show less wear because the fine scratches are impossible to see on the glass with the white. Black is much less forgiving.

bhortontx

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
So does this mean we shouldn't be expecting the iPad Mini in October? I know iMore reported an October launch but didn't say it would be announced with the iPhone 5. Looks like Apple may just release it with the new iPad 2 early next year.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Do people really have to be the absolute first ones with the new iPhone? I would rather wait and make sure any bugs are worked out of it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple provides a one year manufacturer warranty, if there were to be any bugs in the device as a result of the manufacturer then you are covered as long as there is no physical damage.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Woooo! Ryan checking in! I'm at work now, can't wait to get off and relax until the preorder! I'll be joining the iMore community here until we crash the interwebs!

Don't know if anyone covered this yet, but I'm also wondering -- I am preordering and electing "in-store pick-up" and will be at my local Apple Store at about 2:00a-3:00a EST, because I've always wanted to have the iPhone release experience, I'm just preordering so I know I'll have one waiting for me. But if for some reason the servers crash, and I can't get on to preorder, can you actually go to your local Apple Store without preorder and expect to get a phone if I were to go at the time I stated above? I didn't know if they have phones on the shelves or not at Apple or if they're only for preorders.

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone. I won't be staying up tonight sadly although it does sound like fun. I'm I'm the UK and I believe 12PT is the middle of the night here. If I'm up it will only be cos one of my 2 kids woke me up. Lol. I'm pre-ordering via O2 as soon as its available and I understand I'll be able to actually get my new iPhone on 21st. I'm thinking white as I've always thought the 4S looked really pretty in white. And I've had a black 4 for 2 years. My upgrade was due in August. Will be the first time I've had a brand new iPhone as soon as its come out. I've always had to wait the last 2 times!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I won't be staying up tonight sadly although it does sound like fun. I'm I'm the UK and I believe 12PT is the middle of the night here. If I'm up it will only be cos one of my 2 kids woke me up. Lol. I'm pre-ordering via O2 as soon as its available and I understand I'll be able to actually get my new iPhone on 21st. I'm thinking white as I've always thought the 4S looked really pretty in white. And I've had a black 4 for 2 years. My upgrade was due in August. Will be the first time I've had a brand new iPhone as soon as its come out. I've always had to wait the last 2 times!

Dude, midnight California time (PDT) is 8 am in the UK...

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you have issues with your white Iphone? Im not sure which color I want but I heard that wear and tear is more visible on the white one. What do you think??

Looks just as the first day I got it. I just think I need a change plus I really think the black iPhone 5 looks sleek! :)

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Going with AT&T 32GB White. I sold my iPhone 4 to Gazelle and it pays fo rmore than 1/2 of the new phone. Sweet deal!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Aw man I keep changing my mind and dont know which color I want to go with, The black one looks soooo classy. That did Im going with the Black (I think)

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to attempt a preorder through the apple site for an AT&T one but I'm going to need to pay full retail since I don't have an upgrade. Do you think the apple site will allow me to buy at full price? If not, then I'll probably order from the att site. I just would rather pick it up in store at apple rather than have it shipped to my house since I won't be there to accept it.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to attempt a preorder through the apple site for an AT&T one but I'm going to need to pay full retail since I don't have an upgrade. Do you think the apple site will allow me to buy at full price? If not, then I'll probably order from the att site. I just would rather pick it up in store at apple rather than have it shipped to my house since I won't be there to accept it.

I've been asking around about this because I also am planning to preorder a retail purchase and I've been told on another thread in this forum that you can.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

The_iCool

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. Can I preorder tonight & pick it up at the Apple store on launch day? I've always preordered threw Verizon and had them shipped so I don't known if apple gives an option to pick it up at the store.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. Can I preorder tonight & pick it up at the Apple store on launch day? I've always preordered threw Verizon and had them shipped so I don't known if apple gives an option to pick it up at the store.

When you preordered thru Verizon did you get it on launch day?

The_iCool

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. You receive it that day. They usually ship out a few days early in order to get their on launch day. Last time some people were receiving them early because apple tells fed ex to hold them and not deliver them till launch day but a few always slip threw the crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77