Notification issue

jb5150

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all - this seems to be an odd scenario that has me baffled. When my phone (6) is locked - I don't get any notifications other than phone calls. I've checked (many times) the notification settings - all are engaged. Lock screen enabled? YES. Sound on? YES. Etc.
it WILL work fine if the phone is unlocked and I'm using it - however, once locked it's a no go.
Now here is the oddity if this has anything to do with it - I have a first gen Apple Watch. I get notifications on it fine if enabled.
The only reason I think it might have something to do with the watch is here recently, when there was a watch OS update - I was using my iPhone while it updated. Surprised as I was - notifications worked fine... locked or not. As SOON as the watch booted up and synced fully - nadda.
I'm really at my wits end now - I constantly miss messages so it makes me paranoid to check my phone or watch often which I don't want to do.
Anyone else have this issue who has a iPhone and watch? Is it a OS issue? I thought that the last iOS update would fix it - but no go. I've meant to go to an Apple Store and show them - but I've never had a chance.
Thanks for any help in advance.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You are not double notified. If you have the Watch watch on then the notifications will go there. Take the watch off and you will see the notifications on your iPhone again. You are seeing them on your unlocked phone and not your watch because the assumption is if your phone is unlocked you are using it.

jb5150

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You are not double notified. If you have the Watch watch on then the notifications will go there. Take the watch off and you will see the notifications on your iPhone again. You are seeing them on your unlocked phone and not your watch because the assumption is if your phone is unlocked you are using it.

Interesting - I never knew that? So is there an option somehow to just have the haptic on the watch and the full notification on my phone? I love my watch - but I still prefer to answer texts on my phone.