Noticing some Lag Lately

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using my 4th generation Apple TV 64 gig model and Direct TV Now for over a year now and lately I have been getting the message saying your connection is slow and sometimes I get the spinning wheel because of connection lag.

I have had the same cable connection and speed since I cut the cable cord over a year ago and haven’t changed any hardware. I am wondering if the cable company is throttling my connection now?

I am not going back to cable and will put up with some lag and quirks to save over 90 dollars a month. I always keep my Apple TV software updated. Anyone else getting these issues?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Noticing some Lag Latley

I haven’t noticed any increased lag on either of my Apple TVs. Might just be your ISP. I haven’t heard of ISPs throttling though unless that’s something rather new. Xfinity used to claim they would charge me if I went over 1 TB in a month but there was never any mention of throttling.
Are you noticing lag on other devices or just your Apple TV? Try streaming DirecTV NOW on one of your iOS devices (connected to WiFi) when you start having issues on Apple TV and see if you’re getting lag there as well. If it’s your ISP I’d think you’d be experiencing the issue on your iOS device too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my 4th generation Apple TV 64 gig model and Direct TV Now for over a year now and lately I have been getting the message saying your connection is slow and sometimes I get the spinning wheel because of connection lag.

I have had the same cable connection and speed since I cut the cable cord over a year ago and haven’t changed any hardware. I am wondering if the cable company is throttling my connection now?

I am not going back to cable and will put up with some lag and quirks to save over 90 dollars a month. I always keep my Apple TV software updated. Anyone else getting these issues?

I was experiencing some of that periodically last month, but not as of late.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151