Not getting facebook notifications

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I did a search and didn't find anything, so forgive me if this has already been asked. I rarely ever get notifications from facebook, and if I do it's usually hours later. I do have push enabled, but is there any way to remedy this?

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I was going to post the same issue. Same with my Echofon app..i been getting them hours later or not at all and i have both FB and Ech setup to push them to me..

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
the facebook app may be the worst app ever. Its not uncommon to not get notifications but I have noticed that I usually get them more frequent when I leave the app running in the background

Last edited:

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I always leave mine in the background i never shut it down...It is true doe Iphone FB app is indeed need of some revamping

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue a lot of times. I also have noticed that if someone sends me a private message on FB, when I tap the message icon, FB just flashes off and takes me back to the homescreen and I have to go back in and try to load the message again. This happens every time without fail and it drives me crazy.

MissJennell#IM

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue a lot of times. I also have noticed that if someone sends me a private message on FB, when I tap the message icon, FB just flashes off and takes me back to the homescreen and I have to go back in and try to load the message again. This happens every time without fail and it drives me crazy.

It does the same thing to me. It drives me crazy. I hate the FB app for iphone. My biggest complaint about my iphone is this app. I never get my notifications and my time line is always screwed up. It is basically useless. I have to get on the web to use facebook basically.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I did a search and didn't find anything, so forgive me if this has already been asked. I rarely ever get notifications from facebook, and if I do it's usually hours later. I do have push enabled, but is there any way to remedy this?

It's Facebook and the app. Not your phone, carrier, network, etc. Facebook notifications have been poor since the beginning of PNS now 2 years ago.

Best bet is too just turn off push notifications for the app and setup email notifications instead.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Facebook notifications are flakey at best. I route all my notifications (FB, Twitter, Email, etc) through Boxcar. Decent app & seem to get all notifications almost instantly - including FB!! There's a free version of the app with the option to pay & remove ads once downloaded - I've never bothered though as the ad banners in the app are minimal.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's always been hit or miss with notifications for that app. As already said, I just use e-mail for my
notifications. Gmail account on Exchange. I don't think the app is as bad as some make it out to be.
But that's all subjective. I do know for sure that once the app was updated to use the HTML5 format
in the news feed like the mobile version, the app really did suck on the Verizon firmware 4.2.6 and 4.2.7
I got a lot of "No internet connection" crap. But since then I've switched back to AT&T (for other reasons).
I'm not getting the same problems on 4.2.x that I've been on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB