no sound on my iPhone

TaurusMoon

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a pre-G3 iPhone. Yesterday for no apparent reason, it stopped making keyboard clicks and when I received calls, I couldn't hear the caller unless I plugged in my ear buds or bluetooth. With ear buds, I can hear clicks and callers. Later in the afternoon, sound returned. Today sound dropped out then returned.

Anyone know what might be going on here? Up to this point, I've been very pleased with my phone's performance (other than being jealous of the G3's speed).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried just rebooting? My daughter complains of that happening on her 2G all the time. I had it once on my 3G and rebooting fixed it.

dallasjmj

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
All my sounds, like keyboard clicking, etc. went away yesterday after I updated to 3.0. I was about to head over to the Apple Store when I noticed I had flipped the switch to silent. Very dumb, I know, but that was the problem, and the solution.

WiredPig

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Doh!

I had the same issue. I restored the phone three times tonight after loosing sound then I read the thread and, like a dork, I had it set to silent. #PersonalFail

Thanks for the thread and the kick in the butt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2