Can the photos/videos I deleted a year ago can still be on my iPhone or on theinternet?

I

iMore Question

Hi all,

I have been getting paranoid lately and decided to ask for your insight on this issue. A year ago, I took photos of some personal information (cc, passport, etc), and deleted them a month after, along with some videos that reveal my face and sound. A couple of months ago my phone was stolen and ever since I am not able to get a good sleep as I am concerned about identity theft, or even social engineering that may occur in the future due to my losing my phone.

Here are some questions I would be very happy if you could answer;

-Once a photo/video uploaded to iCloud or Google Photos, does it stay in their servers forever even after I deleted it from the trash, like does consumer content ever completely erased? If no, should I be worried about them getting hacked? It's been more than a year since I deleted that personally-identifiable content.

-I know there are certain forensic tools that can recover data from iPhones, can they recover the data that was deleted from the phone more than a year ago? Like photos and videos. I'm worried a criminal would use the phone (Find My iPhone wasn't working, so I couldn't blacklist the IMEI) and get caught after committing a crime, and law-enforcement find my ID in there when they dig it up, I know it sounds like paranoia, but know it's a possibility.

-What advice would you give to continue my life being not worried about such things? It is definitely affecting my daily life.

Thank you all!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner