Powerbeats Pro Electrical/buzzing noise

DjRx12

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a a OnePlus 7 Pro paired with Powerbeats Pro. Whenever the Powerbeats Pro are in my ear ( usually single bud) as I am driving ( car Bluetooth sucks) the caller on the opposite end heard a very loud buzzing/hissing/electrical noise sound. This generally occurs if I use them in a car, any car as I have tried it in several. I have received complaints of it occurring when I am not in a car but it generally would resolve on its own which is not the case in the car, it will persist until I remove the buds. I have enabled call recording via root in order to record the noise they hear ( I only rooted after the fact so it is not the cause). I have Galaxy Buds as well and this is not an issue with them at all. I have Cleared my Bluetooth cache/storage, unpaired re-paired removed my phone pairing from my car audio system uninstalled Galaxy Wear app just as a test , factory reset, exchanged the Powerbeats Pro used several other Bluetooth buds that do not have this issue , pretty much any and everything I could think of that may be the reason however no solution was found. I changed the codec from AAC to SBC, no resolution. It may seem as though the simple resolution would be to use the Galaxy Buds as it's replacement, they are a good pair of "Truly" wireless buds however I place a ton of calls and workout and the Powerbeats Pro give me the best of both worlds due to their Mic clarity and the physical volume rocker that exist on both earbuds and the hooks ( I have a hell of a time with most truly wireless buds staying in my small ears). Worse case I will just use the Galaxy Buds but their mic clarity is not the best if no solution can be found but before I resort to returning the Powerbeats Pro yet again I wanted to see if a solution could be found. Also, I have tested it with other phones as well namely an iPhone X. Thanks in advance for any input!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could be of assistance, but unfortunately, I cannot. When I'm in my car, I use the car's hands-free system and list to calls over the speakers. I don't have the Powerbeats Pro earbuds, however, the last time I recall using my Apple AirPods while driving, it was in my previous vehicle (2016 Cadillac) and I never experienced what you've described. I've yet to use any BT earbuds with my current car (2019 BMW).

Anyway, I hope someone who can assist you will reply soon. In the meantime, have a great weekend.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice