No new/separate backup file after ios update?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
hello.
i backed up my x. looked in preferences. saw the new backup. i deleted the old ones. i updated to 12.1.1 and backed up the phone. looked in preferences and only saw one backup—the one just moments ago after the update. all of this was done in one itunes session. never logged out of windows or closed/reopened itunes.

is there a reason why itunes didnt create a second new backup after the ios update? wouldnt it do this, considering how critical it is to have a pre update backup preserved, jic ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hello.
i backed up my x. looked in preferences. saw the new backup. i deleted the old ones. i updated to 12.1.1 and backed up the phone. looked in preferences and only saw one backup—the one just moments ago after the update. all of this was done in one itunes session. never logged out of windows or closed/reopened itunes.

is there a reason why itunes didnt create a second new backup after the ios update? wouldnt it do this, considering how critical it is to have a pre update backup preserved, jic ?

You did state that you “deleted the old ones”, right?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
You did state that you “deleted the old ones”, right?

yes. i deleted all but the pre 12.1.1 update i made just before the update. then after the update i did another backup. so there should be two: a pre and post update backup; but there is only one—the post update.

any ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon