Newest iPhone Will not jailbreak/unlock HELP!

bobbytallant

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I have the newest version of the iPhone 3GS (32GB) - the warranty runs out Jan 11th 2011 - I have tried using blackra1n - All that happens is that the iPhone briefly shows the splash screen of blackra1n (the curly haired guy) - for like around 5 seconds (which is not like normal when it shows for quite a while) - and then just enters recovery mode - then I have to restore via itunes.

I also have tried pwnage tool for mac - and that also just puts the iphone in recovery mode - then I have to restore through the official firmware through itunes. Anyone else else experiencing this?

I have jailbroken the iPhone 3G and a 3GS when they first came out last summer - but now it seems the new models are different some how.

Really am puzzled - can anyone shed some light on this - has anyone tried doing it with the very latest versions of the 3GS?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Apple is now shipping new iPhone that runs on the new boot ROM iBoot-359.3.2 isn?t vulnerable to the existing 24kpwn exploit that is used by the iPhone Dev Team?s Pwnage tool and GeoHot?s Blackra1n.

Since all current Jailbreaking tools are based on the 24kpwn exploit, owners of the new iPhone 3GS shipped with the new boot ROM will have to wait for a next generation of Jailbreaking tools.

sucks, but the Dev Team is working on it. just be patient.

bobbytallant

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

That's cool - its kind of reassuring to hear that it is not me or my particular iPhone that is the problem - i.e., its everyone with the newest version.

Do the symptoms I described sound like those that would occur by attempting to jailbreak with blackra1n and quickpwn with the newest iPhone?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
When you reach the point where your iPhone goes in recovery mode, try jailbreaking with blackra1n. I haven't heard anyone saying that the newest iPhone 3GS can't be jailbroken. It's "just" tethered jailbreak instead..

bobbytallant

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I did try blackra1n first - as I say, all it did was spring the image of the curly haired guy for like 5 seconds - then all I got was the connect to itunes notice on the iphone - then itunes says that the iphone is in recovery mode or whatever it says, and I need to hit restore in itunes. I do, and I'm then back to square 1 lol.

Any reason why this might be? If you say that blackra1n is immune from this new iphone boot ROM...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Did you try running Blackra1n a 2nd time immediately after the phone leaves the photo of George and goes to recovery mode?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Never mind. That worked a treat!

Spot on! Really pleased - thank you so much!

What a relief!

Anytime your phone restarts either due to an app install or power failure or whatever, you will get that "restore" screen and have to connect your iPhone to a computer and run blackra1n.

bobbytallant

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Anytime your phone restarts either due to an app install or power failure or whatever, you will get that "restore" screen and have to connect your iPhone to a computer and run blackra1n.

Having to do that and running blackra1n - would that subsequently wipe the iphone clean do you know?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost